Forge Valley School Uniform

What are the arrangements for uniform in the 6th form? Is it uniform or free dress?

Astonished to see no response to this one? What's going on here?? :huh:

Sorry - not checked this through the thread, so apologies if missed it - late at night!! What are the arrangements for uniform in the 6th form? Is it uniform or free dress?

I spoke with Diane about this, the 6th formers do not have to wear uniform at all. :D

Astonished to see no response to this one? What's going on here?? :huh:

Astonished No-one from Forge Valley do not seem to listen about whats been said about the uniform !!!!

Or no letter being put out about the "Hardship Fund" etc :(

"Mo money mo Problems ":hihi::hihi:

My daughter can't wait to go to Forge Valley but is highly disappointed with the uniform. She tried it on the other night at Myers Grove and I was too. It is shapeless and has no style whatsoever. She needs shoulders 3 times the size she has to fit in the sweatshirt. Those big square polo shirts are just not going to look smart at all.

They seem to want the girls to look like boys. All they are going to do is make the girls want to adapt it or wear make up to look remotely feminine.

I m all for school uniforms, however i was speaking to a friend this morning whos daughter will be attending forge valley for her final year. She mentioned that the cost of the uniform is expensive especially as she won t be in it long till she leaves. She too said she didn t like the uniform and neither did her daughter. I thought the idea was that the pupils and parents all got involved on issues like uniforms, logo etc. Isn t the skirt for girls compulsary? just wondered with someone saying about it not been feminine!.

I m all for school uniforms, however i was speaking to a friend this morning whos daughter will be attending forge valley for her final year. She mentioned that the cost of the uniform is expensive especially as she won t be in it long till she leaves. She too said she didn t like the uniform and neither did her daughter. I thought the idea was that the pupils and parents all got involved on issues like uniforms, logo etc. Isn t the skirt for girls compulsary? just wondered with someone saying about it not been feminine!.

Girls can wear skirts or trousers. It's the horrible unisex top half that's the problem. Not just the fact that its unisex, also the awful material and style.

I strongly disagree with the 'lone supplier' aspect of school uniform. Surely if a colour combination requirement is met there is no need for the expense of embroidered nonsense. Generic uniforms are enough!

It would have been nice to see something colourful and fun maybe even ask the kids themselves to design the logo and choose a winner from what they come up with.

I've just been looking at their website and this is what happened!

I strongly disagree with the 'lone supplier' aspect of school uniform. Surely if a colour combination requirement is met there is no need for the expense of embroidered nonsense. Generic uniforms are enough!

I couldn't agree more

I couldn't agree more

I've just been looking at their website and this is what happened!

I have yet to find anyone who had an input with it from Myers. I cannot say if this happened with Wisewood, but it seems that if there was only input from one school, there'll be friction.

I couldn't agree more

I have yet to find anyone who had an input with it from Myers. I cannot say if this happened with Wisewood, but it seems that if there was only input from one school, there'll be friction.

After speaking with staff from both schools this does indeed appear to be the case. Looking at the staffing it appears that management has been imposed by Wisewood with only token presence from Myers. There will indeed be friction and it's because of this I've decided against my daughter going to Forge Valley in 2012. I've no wish for her to be attending a school in turmoil. The uniform issue is an outward sign that things are not as they should be with the school exhibiting an unhealthy mix of arrogance and ignorance

Despite the claim that the school is "parent led" I have been unable to find any parent that has had any input to any decision and, input from parents is simply ignored or brushed off as evidenced by the comments on this thread.

Oh! and the uniform remains abysmally dull at best.

After speaking with staff from both schools this does indeed appear to be the case. Looking at the staffing it appears that management has been imposed by Wisewood with only token presence from Myers. There will indeed be friction and it's because of this I've decided against my daughter going to Forge Valley in 2012. I've no wish for her to be attending a school in turmoil. The uniform issue is an outward sign that things are not as they should be with the school exhibiting an unhealthy mix of arrogance and ignorance

Despite the claim that the school is "parent led" I have been unable to find any parent that has had any input to any decision and, input from parents is simply ignored or brushed off as evidenced by the comments on this thread.

Oh! and the uniform remains abysmally dull at best.

pupils and parents at wisewood were as excluded from the decision process as pupils and parents at myres, yes there will be a them and us thing when forge valley opens which is to be exspected as myres and wisewood have always been rival schools and the staff need to be prepared for this and deal with the matter before things get out of control there has already been incidents of the 2 schools fighting in hillsborough park, as for the staff that have been given jobs both wisewood and mayres staff had to apply for their jobs again it wasnt an automatic right to have a job there and if more wisewood staff have been given jobs at forge valley than myres staff then its because they were better teachers,

at the end of the day no pupils and parents have not had any involvment in any of the decisions made it looks like the new head dianne mckinly has jnust egnored what everyone has said and done what she wants, forge valley is going to be a good school with the latest up to date facilities yes the uniform is horrid and we as parents should have been given more consideration in the decision process, staff know who the trouble makers are at each school so will know which pupils to keep a closer eye on