Looking for suggestions for a first time dog owner living in a studio

Another question ... what about going on vacation? what do you guys do then?

She comes with us. There are loads of holiday rentals which allow pets and lots of companies which allow you to search based upon area/date and filtering out those which don't allow pets, so all you see are the ones where you could stay. Chains like Travelodge also have a pet policy and often allow dogs, subject to various conditions.

If you want to holiday abroad then you could consider getting your dog a passport, which would allow you to travel to various places subject to compliance with the passport rules, or you could consider a pet sitter or putting your beastie in kennels.

Molly's such a clingy girl that she doesn't even eat when I'm not there, and that's when she's in her own home with her other human! I don't think I could enjoy myself in the knowledge that she was panicking in a kennels though, so I choose not to go anywhere that means that a kennels would be necessary.

She comes with us. There are loads of holiday rentals which allow pets and lots of companies which allow you to search based upon area/date and filtering out those which don't allow pets, so all you see are the ones where you could stay. Chains like Travelodge also have a pet policy and often allow dogs, subject to various conditions.

If you want to holiday abroad then you could consider getting your dog a passport, which would allow you to travel to various places subject to compliance with the passport rules, or you could consider a pet sitter or putting your beastie in kennels.

Molly's such a clingy girl that she doesn't even eat when I'm not there, and that's when she's in her own home with her other human! I don't think I could enjoy myself in the knowledge that she was panicking in a kennels though, so I choose not to go anywhere that means that a kennels would be necessary.

Dogs have passports? I never knew that! how much would a ticket abroad cost for the dog? Same as us? I'm just curious haha

Have you found somewhere Maneck? I had a look on the Uni website for you, there's a free ads section there, but there's only a very large expensive house to rent.

Have you found somewhere Maneck? I had a look on the Uni website for you, there's a free ads section there, but there's only a very large expensive house to rent.

Not yet, I doubt that house is pet friendly though. I've had a few leads but the houses are around Netheredge. That's a bit too far for me.

Having said all that above...and recommending greyhounds, I am a BIG fan of a mutt. Look at this girl... I could cry just looking at her, she's so beautiful, and would adore you forever!

http://www.netherlandsdogrescue.co.uk/view_rescue_dogs.php?cid=4

That Mutt must have some sighthound in her, look at her deep chest!!! so yey sighthounds and mutts are the way to go:hihi:

I live in a house and have a small garden, and very very dog savvy - but even I don't think I can have a dog yet because I need a bigger garden. It's a lifetime commitment, a dog (or it's supposed to be). Like a marriage, you're meant to be in it for good or bad, and I think it's like children - you need to only go into when you feel like you can offer the space, security and provide for it.

Goodluck though, Maneck35. Hopefully you will find a nice ground floor flat with garden perhaps and have yourself a nice little friend.

I have a very small garden and for me the size isn't an issue. as long as she is walked, gets reqular exercise then she only uses the garden to pee etc and generally chill and get fresh air. Garden big or small shouldn't really matter should it:huh:

That Mutt must have some sighthound in her, look at her deep chest!!! so yey sighthounds and mutts are the way to go:hihi:

Isn't she beautiful? I wish I was in a position to take her :-( . Please can someone have her, and let me visit??

x

I've found a 3 bedroom house in Crookes within my budget, but am a bit sceptical about it because I'll be the only one living in a 3 bedroom house! Going to view it today. Any suggestions?

my son is looking for someone to share a house with

onley problem is he has a cat though & he wont move

without her & i dont blame him wouldent this is why its taken

him so long to find somewhare that that will acceppt cats or dogs :(

I've found a 3 bedroom house in Crookes within my budget, but am a bit sceptical about it because I'll be the only one living in a 3 bedroom house! Going to view it today. Any suggestions?

Just check you can afford the council tax / bills / water rates for a larger house on your own.