Tench venues in Sheffield

dars35

some big tench in crookes valley park pond,not a fish every cast though but your patience will pay off !!

i usually night fish there,using sweet corn and caught some decent sizes,including 2 that was very nearly 7 pound males,females are bigger !!

Hi, just wondering if those tench where caught recently, because i used to get 4 or 5 during the summer but now im lucky to get 1.

i havnt fished there for about 2years,but im sure the tench will still be there and if your really lucky you may catch one of those massive carp thats in there,i cant manage to catch them though.

i usually fish in the margins about 9 foot out,just where the bottom slopes of to stupid depths

good luck

Fished it last summer, nowt doing, plus too many pesky kids. If anyone wants to form a cartel, consortium to share expenses, go to decent venues, carp, preferably, or whatever. Me non driver, surely we can put something together.

Fished it last summer, nowt doing, plus too many pesky kids. If anyone wants to form a cartel, consortium to share expenses, go to decent venues, carp, preferably, or whatever. Me non driver, surely we can put something together.

That's sad, it used to be great for tench.

I would fish there at least once a week till i had all my tackle nicked and it was the best free fishing in Sheffield IMO.

I did hear the local chavs attacked someone night fishing putting a lot of people off though.

Sign of the times i suppose, why maintain it if people are scared to go there.