Do you know where your wife/husband really goes?

Well good luck to you, my thoughts are with you. its not a place i would like to go back to in my life. Remember you are important and your feelings do count, don't be told by anyone it don't count. I had a terrible time with my ex, still do now and again when he gets bored with his current squeeze! but i am a much stronger person now and believe in myself, i tell myself everyday i am worth more than he ever gave me credit for!

I've aired enough of my marriage break up on the Forum, so I won't go into any more details (suffice to say that no affairs happened either way round) but what I really wanted to say is that trust is a personal decision you have to consciously make. It's something that you have to commit to every day (and if he works away for months on end both of you really need to emotionally invest in it) and you have to really know somebody before you can make that decision.

If you don't know them well then you don't have enough information on which to make the decision to trust, and if you make that decision too early you're a sitting duck for hurt, but there's just no way to run a relationship without some form of trust.

If you really do feel that you can't trust your partner, then splitting is almost inevitable. When you look objectively at things, if you don't have trust, what do you have?

Hugs to all others struggling with this right now.

Happy, to say that 'you just find other peoples stories interesting' is not borne out in your posts, you seem to be extremely judgemental and opinionated if someone doesn't agree with the way you view things.

So, before you make further judgments of give opinions on me here are a few points for you to consider:

1. I trust my husband 100%

2. For most of the year he had to work away from home 5 days a week, but he hated it and was desperate to be home all the time.

3. I have not said it is ok for him to 'play around' as long as I don't know about it - don't know where you dug that one up from.

4. He has some close female friends - so what? He also has some close male friends - you gonna say he's gay now?

5. I have been hurt in the past by a previous partner, but hey - I built a bridge and got over it!

6. Because I trust my husband, I don't see the need to check his mobile - he leaves it out so I could check it if I wanted to.

7. Our relationship isn't perfect, whose is? But we are still together after 11 years so it's not that bad either.

Now - feel free to post your opinions, based on the extremely limited knowledge you have of me and my marriage.......:hihi:

All I will say is this- and its for the ladies in the thread-

Dont neglect your men.

Its that simple really.

And I guess, the same could be applied for the blokes as well.

If you start neglecting your partner in anyway, they will be tempted by something else- its horrible I know, but there we go- thats the truth.

So, before you make further judgments of give opinions on me here are a few points for you to consider:

Now - feel free to post your opinions, based on the extremely limited knowledge you have of me and my marriage.......:hihi: [/b]

Hels you seem to think I am attacking you in some way. This I am not doing! Sorry if you feel that way.

Betrayal hurts and until you experience it you can not know how much it hurts. I hope you never have to experience it. And Hopefully by the sounds of it you have a very honest Husband, so best of luck to you both I hope you have many more years together.

but in my case stephen that was the case, my ex was playing away, and it was only because his behaviour changed that i suspected something was going on, and ONLY then I looked at his phone. if he was not acting so different I wouldn't of looked!