The Roman Ridge Pub

Does anyone know when the Roman Ridge Pub was first opened?

Hi, I used to live just on from the ridge, so as a guess I would say around 1962/3ish, why do you want to know, I could ask my brother as he used to go in there.

Hi, I used to live just on from the ridge, so as a guess I would say around 1962/3ish, why do you want to know, I could ask my brother as he used to go in there.

It was just a discussion we were having in the Pub last night, someone said it was open in the middle fifties but another said it was more the early sixties.

I reckon it must have been about 64 as my Dad went to look at it with a view to being landlord, i can remember my Unc coming up from Birmingham to go with him, think i was about 7 at the time and i think it was a new opening.

hi it was open in 1963 my uncle was the landlord and my girlfriends sister burned it down about 9 years ago and its been pulled down as far as i know

hi it was open in 1963 my uncle was the landlord and my girlfriends sister burned it down about 9 years ago and its been pulled down as far as i know

Why did she do that:loopy:

Isnt that the one that used to be situated on winkobank avenue got burnt down a good 15 yrs or so ... Still dnt know if there rebuilt anything on the land yet ?????

i was up there a couple of weeks ago for my brothers funeral, the land there is still cordoned off wounder why its not been built on all these years.

Does anyone know when the Roman Ridge Pub was first opened?

Hello

Yes was opened in December 1960, my father was the landlord and i was born in the pub May 1961, we left July 1961

Isnt that the one that used to be situated on winkobank avenue got burnt down a good 15 yrs or so ... Still dnt know if there rebuilt anything on the land yet ?????

its a care home now, also called roman ridge

the ridge opened in early sixties. my parents were landlords in late 80's, early 90's.

the land is now owned by local doctors surgery who plan to start building on it this year.

the care home is at the back of where the pub was. its called haythorn place.

no she didn't