Relegation battle for the Blades

Here's hoping Megson's experience in the top flight and higher up the football pyramid will add to his passion and get us going

Cmon on mate he played is football under howard wilkinson/ jack charltoon HOOF ;)

Cmon on mate he played is football under howard wilkinson/ jack charltoon HOOF ;)
we all know the best footballers dont always make the best managers, warnock was a pretty average player if i remember rightly but he certainly made his mark as a manager, did alex ferguson play the game?

we all know the best footballers dont always make the best managers, warnock was a pretty average player if i remember rightly but he certainly made his mark as a manager, did alex ferguson play the game?

Do you reckon that's because they have to think about the game more due to them not relying on their skill alone?

I'll take HOOFball if it takes us up

Not doubting you! but you cant deny megson is a, well lets put it a polite way a long ball taction [ where he as a certain ammount of success but its boring, ask any bolton fan]

I agree with saying we played 'Hoofball' under Big Jack, that got us where we wanted to be, and we played a certain amount of that under Wilkinson too, but to the latter end of Wilkinsons reign we also played some good football, Megson and Shelton could both play a bit and were a great midfield force, backed up by Sterland & Worthington coming from full back. Much happier days!

Not doubting you! but you cant deny megson is a, well lets put it a polite way a long ball taction [ where he as a certain ammount of success but its boring, ask any bolton fan]
true andy, but at this moment in time swfc need someone who can get results pretty fast and be more consistant, to hopefully get us back into contention for promotion if not this season then definatley next

You loved Irvine :love:

Happy with the poor mans Warnock aka the ginger whinger in charge ?

I liked Irvine, yes. He was a decent enough bloke who was in a horrible situation from the start as manager, with pressure mounting at every step.

I am also pleased with Megson taking charge, he is passionate about Wednesday and just from watching him on the touchline at Hillsborough on Saturday I can see his approach is exactly what we need right now. Someone who will give the players a boot up the rear, who has that ability to fire them up like he did at half time. It was also good to see him put 3 up front with JJ just behind - which i doubt Alan would have done.

UTO!

loads of people liked AI as a person, as a manager it seems he bowed to pressure and by the end his ar$e didnt know what his elbow was doing, Im glad MM didnt hang around with either the removal of AI or the installment of Meggers, I say it was definatly a point gained last match against the MK Dons thanks to GM

adams will turn it round well get a win on sat watch us take off. just one win well be ok up the blades.

dont know why they bring young slew on for last 15 mins give him a go hes full of confidence

adams will turn it round well get a win on sat watch us take off. just one win well be ok up the blades.

I like it ………. Positivity. :thumbsup:

Edited by Grandad.Malky

dont know why they bring young slew on for last 15 mins give him a go hes full of confidence

Someone suggested that it was because they didn't want him to get injured because they want to sell him for a big fee at the end of the season.

Whilst I wouldn't put that past them at the Lane if this was the case they wouldn't be playing him in the youths.