Castle Market - It's ours, leave it alone!

The tram is just one of the reasons the full facts can be traced back to the early sixties when Parkhill was built ,with walkways leading directly to the main shopping area's of Sheffield .The town was planned brilliantly at that time by the planners and architects.

It has now been split up into separate area,s by the new kids on the block some of who i suspect have no real connection with Sheffield at all.

If the tram network was the main public transport link for the city i could agree that building the market in an area that wasn't directly linked to the main public transport network would be stupid but as seen as the new location has ample public transport the tram issue is a moot point. To me it sounds like your in the mindset of back in the day & change isnt good. You have to accept it's not 1960 anymore. I can't really see what much difference it would make having the market relocated to the moor

If the tram network was the main public transport link for the city i could agree that building the market in an area that wasn't directly linked to the main public transport network would be stupid but as seen as the new location has ample public transport the tram issue is a moot point. To me it sounds like your in the mindset of back in the day & change isn't good. You have to accept it's not 1960 anymore. I can't really see what much difference it would make having the market relocated to the moor

I have no problem with change as long as it is constructive.

I suppose many posters on this thread think that Meadowhall is a change that has been worthwhile , but to me it is a change that has destroyed the City Centre so if you think my mind set is based on Sixty's Sheffield then you may be right as i believe that the way the town planners actually planned the City at that time was spot on.

I have no problem with change as long as it is constructive.

I suppose many posters on this thread think that Meadowhall is a change that has been worthwhile , but to me it is a change that has destroyed the City Centre so if you think my mind set is based on Sixty's Sheffield then you may be right as i believe that the way the town planners actually planned the City at that time was spot on.

I dont think meadowhall killed the city centre, i cant see why a city as big as sheffield cant have a city centre and an out of town shopping centre running along side each other, then again the city centre has never been great in my opinion.

Im sure 1960's sheffield worked just fine in 1960 but as seen as that era is before my time i cant really comment on that.

Went in today and i wasn't very impressed. I was a bit later than usual though (about 3pm). The quality of most of the meat didn't seem up to it's usual standards. In the end i only bought some burgers and Chinese flavored chicken.

There was a pretty large film crew filming a documentary on the ground floor. I didn't catch what it was about though. Maybe cuttsie knows?

On the way out there were 3 young men randomly calling people 'tankers' :suspect:. They were wearing full PPE gear as well. Not the sort of behavior you would expect from working people really.

Went in today and i wasn't very impressed. I was a bit later than usual though (about 3pm). The quality of most of the meat didn't seem up to it's usual standards. In the end i only bought some burgers and Chinese flavored chicken.

There was a pretty large film crew filming a documentary on the ground floor. I didn't catch what it was about though. Maybe cutie knows?

On the way out there were 3 young men randomly calling people 'tankers' :suspect:. They were wearing full PPE gear as well. Not the sort of behavior you would expect from working people really.

Don,t know what a tanker is realy unless its some thing that transports liquid.

As to working peoples behaviour perhaps you can explain what is expected maybe its on par with defrauding the country out of millions sorry billions as per the bankers and money lenders .Or maybe the odd moat house on expenses and we could include falling out of night clubs as the odd prince or two are prone now and then, but then working people have not got time for all that malarkey as they are to busy knackering themselves up on building sites or down the pit and worrying about the coming winters heating bills for that.

try replacing the T with a W.

I wouldn't expect working people to loiter around outside the market calling people 'tankers' (replace the T again cuttsie ;)), that's for sure.

I take it you don't know what documentary was being filmed then?

The place has had it's day and is now an outdated dump.

The place has had it's day and is now an outdated dump.

Constructive as usual.

Constructive as usual.

Why not the place is tired, stinks of filthy toilets, is half unused, attracts dossers etc etc, time to move on.

More constructive than your inane reply.

Why not the place is tired, stinks of filthy toilets, is half unused, attracts dossers etc etc, time to move on.

More constructive than your inane reply.

can you still get jeans from harringtons....records from revolution...and a nice trim from the barbers...happy days