Castle Market - It's ours, leave it alone!

Yes, they did the area up. However, there is a big distinction... victoria quays is not castle market. The former is a series of lovely old buildings, worth preserving and the latter is a monstrosity, not worth the money or the effort. No amount of cleaning can make the markets look presentable.

Whats the footfall of of Victoria Quays, can you buy a cabbage there, how much did it cost the council.

Whats the footfall of of Victoria Quays, can you buy a cabbage there, how much did it cost the council.

You and cuttsie are obsessed with the word 'footfall'. Victoria Quay is a mixed development of offices, hotels and recreation. You'd be stupid to compare the figures it attracts to those of the markets. Anyhow, I am sure the figures will increase once the market has gone... which won't be much longer :)

You and cuttsie are obsessed with the word 'footfall'. Victoria Quay is a mixed development of offices, hotels and recreation. You'd be stupid to compare the figures it attracts to those of the markets. Anyhow, I am sure the figures will increase once the market has gone... which won't be much longer :)

So we'll take that as you're completely clueless, seems about right.

I take it that's all you have to offer?

Has there been a poll on here about if the castle market should be demolished ir not?.

Alex that atit, Tha knows that there has but a poll on Sheffield forum means nowt as it does not get to the nitty gritty.If tha knows what i mean.

Forgive this reply but on the Radio it has just stated that Sheffield council are proposing to spend £21,000 pounds handing out leaflets to people asking how they can save 51 million pounds.I hope someone can come up with a good answer!!,this i presume is before any improvement work has been undertaken,this is why i was saying whatever they have planned was it the cheaper option to re-furbish than to build new and for people to still see an improvement in a run down area.

Of course its cheaper to refurb Brummie, especially when you own the site .Unlike the proposed very edge of town location that looks as though its owned by uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Not only that but we will be paying them millions for the next 30, 40, 50? years to have the privilege of using the site.

Sound planning that int it!

Of course its cheaper to refurb Brummie, especially when you own the site .Unlike the proposed very edge of town location that looks as though its owned by uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Not only that but we will be paying them millions for the next 30, 40, 50? years to have the privilege of using the site.

Sound planning that int it!

Course it's cheaper, but the plan was never to refurbish the markets. It was always the intention to get rid and redevelop the area.

It seems a few people, including you, are hard of thinking. What do you not understand about this... ?

It looks as though we are now a duo Retep so the next time you are in the Market smoke a joint in the doorway wear a shell suit and smell of wee wee so as i will recognise you.

As nobody seems to have anything new to add and the thread has decended once again into the usual puerile name calling - closing.