Sign in to follow this  

Nice places to bid for on the council

Where would people advise to bid for on the council housing register, I have a disabled child and would like to know where are nice places and which are the ones to steer well clear of....

the nice areas usually take a long time to get on them as they do not come up for bidding as much as the not so nice areas and you usually have to be on the list quite some years also depends on what kind of property you are wanting say 3 bedrooms are more difficult to get than 2 also some go to priority. if you are wanting to move from a 3 bedroom to a 2 sometimes you can get priority to move. a lot of areas now have good and bad parts to them

Well, I know I have priority due to my son being disabled and the fact that I am under the social services wing, another fact is that I have been on the waiting list for 9 years, another thing in my favour, so, any help and advice would be welcomed.

were i live on the arbourthorne there are good and bad parts we had trouble when we first moved on her nearly 2 years ago but its quietning down now just fed up of my garden used as a rubbish bin. my sons have nice neighbours also on the arbourthorne and they are very happy were they are. i have heard the side towards city road and manor top is not very good. we have friends and family on hackenthorpe behind the shops and they say its nice there our friends say its quiet. but most people that are getting them are the ones that are coming out of scowerdons for demolishing. relatives at wisewood says its nice up there. there are a lot of areas that have their bad parts. i would try to stay away from houses that are too close to the shops pubs and open spaces as that is were most of the teanagers hang out. try to get up to see the property that you bid for before making the bid or at least the area especially in the evening and at weekends.people will tend to give you contradicting good and bad points of most areas. i have lived on quite a few areas manor, manor park, woodthorpe, wybourn, darnal, park hill norfolk park and now arbourthorne over the last 30 years. the worst for me was wybourn