Reception January 2011

My son has just started reception and i've been told that from september children will be able to attend past time - would love my son to be able to do this now - has any one else had this thought?

My son has just started reception and i've been told that from september children will be able to attend past time - would love my son to be able to do this now - has any one else had this thought?

Emanjay

Really sorry but not sure that I understand your question - the "past time " bit? ........as a parent of 3 thought I amy have been able to offer a view!

I'm guessing this was meant to be part time.

Hi, my daughter is 4 in july & she can/is starting school this september full time. or they can start in january. not sure if they can do it part-time tho.,

Yes there is the option of part time from September 2011

I'm guessing this was meant to be part time.

Doh - of course it does silly me.

Think it is an excellant idea myself -IMHO children here do start school too young.

Yes kids that should start in January 2012 can now start in September 2011 if you wish, either 15 hours or full time.

It does seem too early but, if your lo goes part-time it iss impossible to go back to work. I am currectly still on maternity leave, I hada baby last year august and planning on going back to work may. both at nursery then oldest going to school september. I am not keen on the idea her starting then, but I dont want her starting whilst others started earlier!!

I'm not sure how true it is but I heard today that they have to use the 15 hours for for school and can not stay on in nursery? So they either leave nursery and stay home from sept till Jan or they go 15 hours or full time if you wish? I was under the impression that if you wanted them to stay on in nursery until January for the 15 hours you could do that but unsure now?

If you want to use nursery as well as school you'll have to pay for it, as the funding goes to school once they start. However, as I understand it you can stay at Nursery and use your 15 hours until they start school, they wouldn't have to stay at home.