How hard can it be to find a 9-5 job?

How hard isit to find a job in sheffield monday to friday in a warehouse or factory or something along them lines. i am sick of working nights and working away just want a 9-5 job monday to friday. so i can play football at nites, go to gym etc. i am a hard woking 20 yo in s5 area. i can drive with a full uk licence. cscs card, ipaf card. willing to work on agency to prove myself. has anybody got any contact details or do you own your own business. i will be happy with doing house removals but want work constant if possible. thanxx

How hard isit to find a job in sheffield monday to friday in a warehouse or factory or something along them lines. i am sick of working nights and working away just want a 9-5 job monday to friday. so i can play football at nites, go to gym etc. i am a hard woking 20 yo in s5 area. i can drive with a full uk licence. cscs card, ipaf card. willing to work on agency to prove myself. has anybody got any contact details or do you own your own business. i will be happy with doing house removals but want work constant if possible. thanxx

Your lucky you have a job mate, think yourself fortunate enough to have one. When you get older, you will realise, when you have kids/family etc, that playing football is the least important thing. Brining money home on a regular basis is more important.

I work in the construction industry (not site based) and have been in and out of work the last 3 years.

My dad is 54, 25 yrs exp in warehousing, has his forklift, narrow isle, counter balance and other licences, he got laid off last Jan and only just got a job a few weeks back.

Keep trying to find something, but you really should count your blessing for the job you have, there will be at least 30 people who will be willing to have your job that you currently have

to be fair i dont think most people will relaise just how soul destroying night shifts are, i know ive done them too, good luck op, just keep looking and sending c.v's off and im sure you will find something.

even though i have a job you may want, im always on the lookout for greener grass

I found working night shifts wore me down a lot more than when I worked 5am til 8 30pm. I think its a vicious cycle of getting in, getting some sleep, waking up and knowing youve got to get back to work soon and it does make your day drag where as you see people coming home from work knowing they can get stuff down within their night etc.

Good luck OP, I would advise you keep at your job and maybe look else where on the side, that's how I got from nightshifts.

the thing is i am not in work. i havnt been 4 the past month i had work and they just havnt ot anything at minute. since i left skool i have either worked on site. which was working away i got messed about wiv money. finding out that am working at other side ov country nt even 24 hours before i was going haa. thn at home nites what messed my head up couldnt do nothing which was agency. where i got messed about. then a job working nites which was wrking away 2 lol.

the thing is i am not in work. i havnt been 4 the past month i had work and they just havnt ot anything at minute. since i left skool i have either worked on site. which was working away i got messed about wiv money. finding out that am working at other side ov country nt even 24 hours before i was going haa. thn at home nites what messed my head up couldnt do nothing which was agency. where i got messed about. then a job working nites which was wrking away 2 lol.

Just copy and paste that onto an application form, any employer would be proud to take you on. In fact, have you considered working as an English teacher?

Just copy and paste that onto an application form, any employer would be proud to take you on. In fact, have you considered working as an English teacher?

I rather have him a hard worker trying to better himself then a muppet like you sitting on your bum allday picking on spelling mistakes instead of going out to work

I rather have him a hard worker trying to better himself then a muppet like you sitting on your bum allday picking on spelling mistakes instead of going out to work

Are you watching me? Spooky! How did you know I'd been sat on my bum allday?

He's got a point though. You need to make sure your CV has correct spelling and grammar, or you haven't got a chance. I wouldn't employ someone who didn't take the time to make sure their CV was legible.

If you aren't hearing anything back from these jobs, there must be something wrong with your CV, or you're applying for jobs you don't have the qualifications or experience for. Try ringing the places you've applied to and ask for feedback. Most of all, if you do get any feedback TAKE IT ON BOARD.

It's harder than you think - and can take some years... Also, it looks like you are in the wrong field, as factory/warehouse work is rarely a mon-fri 9-5 situation... After uni, I spent a good 5 years in rubbish jobs with the worst hours (as you are in now) and then another 5 years working my way inch by inch to more regular hours and better pay in a industry more suited to my qualifications, and the last 8 years I have never had to work over Christmas, never worked nights, never even worked on a saturday! Bliss! It seems to me that all younger people need to spend a few years in bad jobs with crappy hours, but as long as you have the right quals and keep your eyes open, regular hour work will come in the end :)