Dating advice needed please

fellow forumers (is that a word?)

I've been talking to a lady i met on a dating site for a month now. we talk via MSN messenger. The problem is, i haven't been able to meet her yet. Mostly, it's because of the varying shifts i work. and the spare time hasn't become available for us to meet up. we've worked out that it's going to be another 2 weeks before we can actually have the time to meet. I'm not going to give up on this, but if it goes on for a while, how long do i let it go before thinking it just isn't going to happen. any advice would be welcome, but like i mentioned, i don't want to give up on it.

And also, if it's like this with this lady, what will it be like with any future ones. :confused:

Where does this lady live - if it's in the same town / city can't you somehow manage to grab coffee / lunch / whatever? Sundays?

Have you spoken on the phone?

This may sound VERY cruel of me, but are you guys serious about meeting? You may have subconciously decided that you might not hit it off (or might even be scared of what happens if you DO hit it off)

Have a good hard thing about how you can meet, and certainly consider whether it's something that you both want to do at the moment.

Joe

joe, we both met on a "dating" site, so hopefully it is something we're both wanting. i've been blown out more times than the wind sock at heathrow airport, so hoping this one works.

I kept suggesting days when i wasn't working lates, but something always came up. haven't spoken on the phone.

Granted, she has a lot going on in her life at the moment, and has said that she will be free more in a few weeks time. so, maybe i'm jumping the gun a bit. i've waited 4 weeks, so waiting another few weeks should show that i'm keen for it to happen.

It may not work out in the long run, but would certainly be nice to try it. :)

Just wait......women HATE being pressured, so just give her time to fit you into her schedule....she might even be worth waiting for!!!

On the other hand, sometimes women LOVE to play games with men so its really down to you to suss out if she appears serious in her intention to meet you, or is just 'testing' you.

Well, if she has a lot happening, then I guess there might be cause to wait.

But maybe try for a 5 minute chat on the phone? Even just to touch base?

I don't know much about modern dating protocols, but I would think that after a month it might be appropriate to at least hear each other's voices! :)

Anyway, Good Luck!

Joe

She is probably nervous about meeting you and wants to get to know you a bit better first. Or maybe she is having a month long preening sesh so she is the best model of herself that she can be when she meets you.

Originally posted by intooblivion

She is probably nervous about meeting you and wants to get to know you a bit better first. Or maybe she is having a month long preening sesh so she is the best model of herself that she can be when she meets you.

That's what I was thinking.....;)

Something to look out for... has she suspended her profile on this dating site should it have such a facility? some women like to keep in touch with a few before making a final choice...

Try talking to her on the phone if you have her number? by talking and hearing a voice it can maybe tell you alittle bit more about the kinda person she is...

I was on a dating site a while back... I never met up with anyone that i didnt speak to on phone previously... also i would be in contact with them for a good few weeks before a meet... no point in rushing things you have to take your time in getting to know someone really well...

Good Luck

Good point Angel05! now thats some good advice

Originally posted by Kerry_Lou

Good point Angel05! now thats some good advice

Cheers Kerry :D

I do believe you can only speak from experience :D