Text message - police warning about driving with snow on car roof

should be no need to brake heavily if you are travelling at a safe speed and with plenty of room between you and the car infront.

Fine in principle - until a pedestrian walking on the side of the road trips and staggers into the middle of the road - which happened to me this morning - fortuitously I'm a good little boy and had cleared most of the snow from my car roof

Fine in principle - until a pedestrian walking on the side of the road trips and staggers into the middle of the road - which happened to me this morning - fortuitously I'm a good little boy and had cleared most of the snow from my car roof

we might as well not bother going out in our cars if we take pedestrians tripping and staggering into the middle of the road into considation when planning our journey.

True but I was merely pointing out that no matter how much space you leave between you and the car in front, and no matter how slowly you are driving, you may still have to brake suddenly

Just got this text does anyone know if it's true:-

Please 4ward 2 others.- police will b stopping people from 2moro who are driving with snow on roof of car and will issue fixed penalty of £60 + 3 points,

Do you work for Hermes

Well I just saw a Police riot van going down the road with a good covering of snow... best hope they don't need to use their windscreen shield. :?

The only time the highway code becomes law is when they use the phrases

MUST and MUST NOT

They can't fine you if it's not the law. You can't be fined for breaking rules made up by people on the telly.

driving without due care and attention

driving with an insecure load

driving with windows and lights obscured ...

and don't forget to bring some KY if you decide to take to mags and protest your innocence...

driving without due care and attention

driving with an insecure load

driving with windows and lights obscured ...

and don't forget to bring some KY if you decide to take to mags and protest your innocence...

So,as was established yesterday,there are laws covering snow on the car roof.

Although most cars,as far as I'm aware,don't have lights and windows on the roof!

there is no law against driving with snow on your roof, however if you cause an accident, or if the snow somhow impedes your vision etc causing an accident, you may be liable to receive points on your license. Personally, if people want to drive with snow on their roofs, let them, if it causes them to crash into me somehow, i know i'll get paid out. I dont understand some peoples lazy mentality tho.

I've not seen many vehicles snow free. many have snow on their headlights and number plates, which i'm thinking is also asking for trouble .. even rear side windows are blocked.. so where's their "all round" visibility...? I saw a car yesterday with the rear window and back lights completely snowed in... as long as the driver could see what was in front he's ok eh ?

people do what they want, regardless of safety precautions or risk to others... its a matter of time before someones christmas is spoilt, methinks