What was your first job and where ?

shaznay

my first job was at footprints hollies croft in town a tool factory there for 7 years left to have kids back in 1981 loved the people i worked with had loads a laughs

My mum and Auntie used to work there around that time Vera and Phyllis - ring any bells?

C & A Modes, 59/65 High Street, Sheffield. in 1957. I started work a week after I left school and had got the job from writing a letter to them in an English lesson..Lasted 3 and a half years until I go the sack for being late. ( 5 minutes in one week according to the clocking in clock):rolleyes:

Joan we must have met at sometime, used to shop for clothes in C & A modes at that time.

i knew a vera was only about 4 foot 5inch is this her?cant remember a phyllis but it was a big place

No not the same one, yes it was a big place. They used to have social nights out, I remember going on a treasure hunt with them also to Baileys on Bank Street to see Showaddywaddy and to "The Good Old Days" at Stars on Queens Road

• 2 weeks later...