Cineworld evacuated

Now it says: Due to Health & Safety reasons Cineworld Sheffield is not taking any new bookings for the weekend. Cineworld will allow entry for tickets already purchased. For all further information please speak to our Customer Services team on 0844 815 7747.

http://twitter.com/cineworld

SHEFFIELD UPDATE! If you already have an advance ticket booked, you WILL get entry to cinema. No NEW tickets will be issued in meantime

Sheffield customers we are so so sorry. Trying to fix the situation asap Refunds: 0844 8157 747

Were trying to fix the problems at Sheffield asap and reopen but we dont know the extent of the problems yet.

http://twitter.com/cineworld

SHEFFIELD UPDATE! If you already have an advance ticket booked, you WILL get entry to cinema. No NEW tickets will be issued in meantime

Sheffield customers we are so so sorry. Trying to fix the situation asap Refunds: 0844 8157 747

Were trying to fix the problems at Sheffield asap and reopen but we dont know the extent of the problems yet.

Well if they are letting people in, surely the problems cant be that bad? So it cant be a gas leak or anything like that. Anyway the cinema will be full as sardines anyway tonight with the Harry Potter film, they may as well just fully reopen the place and be done with it.

Sorry can I just check - we've got tickets booked for tonight's harry potter (already have the tickets), will the film still be shown and will we be allowed in??

Sorry can I just check - we've got tickets booked for tonight's harry potter (already have the tickets), will the film still be shown and will we be allowed in??

I will bold it in case you missed it.

If you already have an advance ticket booked, you WILL get entry to cinema.

I've just spoken to somebody on the Cineworld helpline - apparently they've sold over capacity and can't take any extra bookings.

Seems a bit odd to have evacuated everybody though?

perhaps if they oversell the tickets there's not enough oxygen inside

hummmmm

We have pre booked for tonight. Managed to get hold of Cineworld Sheffield's phone number. I asked about it and they said it is a health and safety issue beyond their control. When I enquired further, she said that she wasn't allowed to say anything else about it.

Very curious! A shame too I was really wanting to go this weekend :(

This is what I've got out of them when I phoned:

The reason for the evacuation was because of a faulty alarm, half of the building is still closed because of it.

The reason no one is allowed in is because they've sold so many tickets for Harry Potter, Health & Safety won't allow them to accept any more walk-in customers. People with pre-booked tickets are able to enter.

Apparently they're not re-opening until Monday 22nd. Well, so much for Jackass 3D this weekend then...

Edited by sweetie1985
More info