AFK show Sheffield

lotar

Just watched the fight again on youtube and Billy hatton is far stronger than yusef in the second round the sheffield kid is limping and he takes three head kicks - come on chefciker lets know the youg uns ok..

Why is it funny barragergus just wanting to know if the kids ok

Just watched the fight again on youtube and Billy hatton is far stronger than yusef in the second round the sheffield kid is limping and he takes three head kicks - come on chefciker lets know the youg uns ok..

Why is it funny barragergus just wanting to know if the kids ok

I train with youSif and he is fine just a bad leg he's a tough kid

I went to the show and it was ok but just heard some news about yousifs fight and i wonder if chefkiker can lets know if its true or just rumours.

one of the lads has told me yousif has a broken jaw, busted eye socket, broken ribs and had suffered from internal bleeding as well as badly bruised legs ??

I just read this and it really did make me laugh. I dont know where you get your "information" from. :hihi:

Maybe it is just a wind up?

:confused:

Full Results for the show

Preliminary Programme :

1. Junior Girls fight

Marie (Fight unit) Vs Keris Gnahore (Nemesis Gym)

Good exchange of techniques from 2 girls aged 9. No head contact due to their age.

DRAW

2.Kyle Spencer (Allegiance) Vs Rob Watkinson (Thanapron)

Kyle Spencer beat Rob mainly by aggressive Boxing.

3.Steve Keane (TTF) Vs Dominic Cartledge (Kapap)

This fight between 2 17 year olds was a proper war with Steve Keane just taking it on points.

Both lads were incredibly tough and showed good boxing skill.

4.Gerry O Driscoll (Nemesis) Vs Martins Bualkans (Tony Dias's Gym)

This fight was a true clash of styles.

Martins being from a light continuous background while Gerry O Driscoll was a pure Muay Thai fighter.

There was also a massive height difference with Martins standing at 6 feet tall!!!

The result was a DRAW

5.Karate Vs Muay Thai !!!

Mike Toplis (Walkden Thaiboxing) Vs Adam Boulton (Gainsborough)

Adam rushed Mike with fast boxing flurries. Mike countered with powerful roundhouse kicks both low and high and occasional single shots.

Adam began to fade as the fight went on and got caught with several High kicks from the Muay Thai fighter.

Mike Toplis wins by Decision.

6.Kris King (TFS) Vs Jacob Constantinou (AFK)

This was Jacob's first fight in kickboxing and also his debut as an AFK Fighter. Jacob had done bits with AFK previously while fighting MMA for Brian Aiken but this time he focused completely on his stand up.

The taller Kris King came forward early on landing Punch combinations while Jacob countered with powerful Leg Kicks.

As the fight went on, Jacob began to find his range with Powerful overhand rights and sharp Left hooks. Kris showed lot of heart and has one hell of a chin!!!

Jacob's powerful leg kicks forced an 8 count in the last round ensuring Jacob's win on points.

Jacob Constantinou (AFK) wins by decision.

Edited by chefkicker

The 4 man tournament was introduced to an extra cheesey piece of music

(please try not to laugh)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXIPq1CLHBg&feature=fvw

All the contestants were introduced one by one to the ring admist thunderous applause!

A random member of the audience was picked out of the crowd and called into the ring to present each fighter with his ticket which would determine his place in the tournament.

2 Interesting matches then unfolded.

The very tough looking Simon Fox (Newcastle) was drawn up against the youngest man in the tournament Liam Barker (Bournemouth) while crowd favourite Danny Missin (Allegiance) was picked to fight the tough Russian Anton Melenevski.

The standard for the tournament was very high and all the fighters came to win!

In the 1st semi final , Simon Fox took the fight to his opponent winning the first round.

In the 2nd and 3rd Round , Youngster Liam Barker began to score with excellent Muay thai techniques with perfect timing ensuring his place in the finals.

In the 2nd Semi final, Anton opened with some powerful and unorthodox kicking techniques. Danny Missin came forward with punching combinations to pressure his taller opponent. However it was not to be and Anton dropped Danny missin for the count with a powerful left hook.

FINAL= Liam Barker Vs Anton Melenevski.

Liam came out for the final to Cyndi Lauper's "Girls just want to have fun" winning the Sheffield crowd over in the process.

Both fighters fought their hearts out in an excellent technical exchange.

Liam won the final by a points decision and was crowned as the very first AFK SUPERLEAGUE Champion!!!