Suicidal cyclist on the Dronfield Bypass, LIGHT UP !

I was coming back from a friend`s house on Wednesday night and had an experience which really shook me up. I was accelerating up the slip road to join the bypass, and you have to join a dual carriageway like that (it`s like a Motorway) at 60+ mph, when right at the top there appeared in front of me a cyclist. It was dark and there are no streetlights on the Dronfield bypass, he was dressed in fairly dark clothing and had one poxy little red light on the back of his bike....... I had to do an emergency stop and just missed him.

The Dronfield bypass is very similar to a Motorway and cyclists are banned on them, which has got to tell you something.

Personally I think any cyclist who uses the Dronfield bypass at night cannot have any idea of relative risk (or they`re tired of living) but if they must cycle along that road they should be lit up like a Christmas tree with flashing lights [including to the side] and wear Hi Vis clothing.

this happened to me one winter driving back from chesterfield, travelling at 70mph and getting towards sheffield.

some drunken idiot was swaying all over the road on a bike, heading the wrong way up the bypass! which was fortunate as the only thing i saw of him was the tiny white stripe he had on the front of his top flash in my headlights. he had no lights at all and dark clothing.

i actually clipped his bike as i swerved. i did an emergency stop and he just picked himself up and carried on regardless.

i stopped at the next lay by to call the police and change my underwear. police car came to me after they had arrested the idiot to tell me he was ok and i was free to go.

part of me wishes i had broken his legs to teach the daft sod how he stupid he was.

this happened to me one winter driving back from chesterfield, travelling at 70mph and getting towards sheffield.

some drunken idiot was swaying all over the road on a bike, heading the wrong way up the bypass! which was fortunate as the only thing i saw of him was the tiny white stripe he had on the front of his top flash in my headlights. he had no lights at all and dark clothing.

i actually clipped his bike as i swerved. i did an emergency stop and he just picked himself up and carried on regardless.

i stopped at the next lay by to call the police and change my underwear. police car came to me after they had arrested the idiot to tell me he was ok and i was free to go.

part of me wishes i had broken his legs to teach the daft sod how he stupid he was.

Prior to the incident I mantioned at the start, I can`t actually remember the last time I saw a cyclist on the Dronfield bypass, at night or in the day, obviously most cyclists have got more sense. Come to think about it why would a cyclist want to use the Dronfield bypass anyway ? ! ? Surely the road through Dronfield would be just as fast for them, and possibly flatter as well !

Any cyclists out there who could confirm that ?

I have seen the guy too. Well, I saw the light coming from his mobile phone screen, anyway.

If it wasn't fir him texting and riding, I'd have hit him for sure.

NINJA CYCLIST!!!

a guy was hit a few weeks ago walking along there, dont no if he died but it was very

serious.

quick search and yes he died

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-11257260