Moon lighting firemen

Why not post some firelighters through a few letterboxes everyday so that the firemen will be too knackered to do their moonlighting work?

Multiple Arson = 15 to 20yrs banged up .The only thing that would be on fire would be your arse.

Maybe they have bills to pay...

got to ask though why only bring firefighters into this surely police officers and ambulance staff may have a second job as well. it seems very bitter purely to firefighters.

Well you raise a point there. It is something however that does seem to apply to firemen in particular. Police don't sleep on thier night shift and it is the night shift that leaves firemen with a large slot of time to further a second carreer in the days that follow night shifts.

More over its the fact that they already have a good wage from being a firemen that allows then to put in cheap quote prices for all trades. Ambulance men and women don't sleep as much on thier night shift either and so arn't fresh for more work in the morning.

Firemen, bunch of high paid layabouts. Good snooker players though.

and of course they all need to do these extra jobs because they are poorly paid and need to top up their inadequate pension,I dont think.While they have these nice secure jobs some poor soul is trying to feed their family for minimum wages and no subsidized pension if they can afford one at all!!

try reading the whole thread ive already stated NOT ALL firefighters have second jobs i know a hell of a lot of them after my hubby was 19 year raf firefighter and 3 year civie firefighter, it was only the odd few that had second jobs out of all the ones i know.

I think many employment contracts have clauses that precludes second jobs (like Rooney playing for Man.City on his days off); perhaps the Fire Brigade's Union have resisted this.

Well you raise a point there. It is something however that does seem to apply to firemen in particular. Police don't sleep on thier night shift and it is the night shift that leaves firemen with a large slot of time to further a second carreer in the days that follow night shifts.

More over its the fact that they already have a good wage from being a firemen that allows then to put in cheap quote prices for all trades. Ambulance men and women don't sleep as much on thier night shift either and so arn't fresh for more work in the morning.

nightshift firefighters only make up part of it though, what about day shift what about forces firefighters what about civie firefighters that have there shifts switched from night to day after a few moths what about retained. these people risk there own lifes in there jobs hense there pay lets face it if you were taking the risk of being burnt to death or trapped in a burning building everyday whilst fitting kitchens your going to expect a decent pay assosiated with the risk.

I think many employment contracts have clauses that precludes second jobs (like Rooney playing for Man.City on his days off); perhaps the Fire Brigade's Union have resisted this.

if firefighters were on footballers wages i might agree but given that there not i dont see how the two are comparable?

Well that's good for the people that want work doing at reasonable rates, i for one will use them. Ooops forgot, i already do.

if firefighters were on footballers wages i might agree but given that there not i dont see how the two are comparable?

It might be a question of availability. Under their contract, the employer might require the employee to be available at all reasonable times, apart from illness, holidays etc. It might be the case that the firemen have agreed to attend, even if off duty, any serious emergency that has arisen. I only speculate as I am not party to their employment terms and conditions.

If all emergency services were paid enough in the first place then this discussion would never need to happen....(oh and i'm not part of any of them)

If all emergency services were paid enough in the first place then this discussion would never need to happen....(oh and i'm not part of any of them)

I understand firemens wages are £33000 per year basic is this not a good wage,feel free to chastice me if im wrong.