Council Complaint

I am in desperate need of some advise.

My grandfather lives in an upper storey bedroom flat. The tennant downstairs was dealing drugs, and after 8 months of pure hell for him, with people sat on his stairs smoking weed, and damaging his property, the trouble tennant has been evicted.

However the outside of my grandfathers property has been left damaged, and it looks down right disgusting, as well as alot of health and safty risks.

We have reported the problem to his local housing office several times, who on each occasion, say that they "are not aware" of the situation.

It has come to the point where i have had to interven and take photos. I will be sending a copy digitaly and a hard copy to several people..

I just need to know who is the "head of housing" so to speak. I know this may seem drastic, but he has been put through pure hell, having full bin bags thrown at him, property damaged, verbally abused, threatend on several occasions. It go so bad he could not leave the house on his own.

I am desperatly hopeing for some advise. I need to take this higher than his local housing office, especially seeing as the person who is "dealing" with this, has a memory like a sive!

Please please can somebody help me!!

PM or comment below if you have any advice

Peter Morton

Chief Executive

Sheffield Homes

PO Box 1918

Sheffield S1 2XX

[email protected]

Copy to Councillor Penny Baker, who is the Cabinet Member responsible for Housing:

Councillor Penny Baker

Sheffield City Council

Town Hall

Pinstone Street

Sheffield

S1 2HH

[email protected]

Edited by cgksheff

Peter Morton

Chief Executive

Sheffield Homes

PO Box 1918

Sheffield S1 2XX

[email protected]

Copy to Councillor Penny Baker, who is the Cabinet Member responsible for Housing:

Councillor Penny Baker

Sheffield City Council

Town Hall

Pinstone Street

Sheffield

S1 2HH

[email protected]

Spot on advice, as usual.

You might also want to consider writing to your/your father's MP on his behalf.

Thankyou again! Really.

Gis local housing office and the head of ASB there is terrrible. saying copies have been lost ec etc...its gotton too far.

Thankyou again! sending him photos and letters today

Thankyou xxxx

I hope you get this sorted pretty soon. Who knows whe it'll be though, what with all the cuts etc.

For future reference, there is a complaints procedure that is monitored. There is an online form you can fill in with all the details here: http://www.sheffieldhomes.org.uk/myCommunity/HaveYourSay/ComplaintsPraiseAndSuggestions.aspx

There is also some information about how complaints should be handled. As verbal complaints should be dealt with in the same way as written ones, I'd be really unhappy if I felt I wasn't being taken seriously.

I complained to the CEO of Sheffield Homes, I got an email back obviously not meant for me saying and I quote: 'I think we should ignore this, where can she take it? Peter.'

Hardly helpful

Edited by lucylastic
I don't rally feel it appropriate to name the ceo

That is incredible. If I was you, I'd email back saying 'I don't think your email reply was meant for me, but I'd rather you didn't ignore it, and I suggest you deal with it yourself rather than passing it on to somebody else'.

I complained to the CEO of Sheffield Homes, I got an email back obviously not meant for me saying and I quote: 'I think we should ignore this, where can she take it? Peter.'

Hardly helpful

I think you should send it to his superior - or even better go to the papers with it. That is absolutely disgusting and just shows you how badly they view tenants in general - as well as problems and complaints. I would take it further and also get a grovelling apology off 'Peter'. It's disgusting - they would soon do something if it was a member of their family being terrorised in this way!! :rolleyes:

A complaint is, generally, any expression of dissatisfaction with the Council’s policies and procedures, quality of service, fees and charges or follow-up communication.The Council does not regard the following as complaints: requests for service, such as collection of garbage or sweeping of streets; reports of damaged or faulty Council infrastructure such as blocked road drains or blown street lights; requests for information or explanation of policies, procedures and decisions of Council; concerns about neighbours or neighbouring property such as barking dogs, loud music or unauthorised building work.

Hardly helpful

I'd be contacting the press, myself about it. That's a disgusting attitude for them to take.