Panic attacks in teenagers

I have a 18 year old daughter who suffers with panic attacks does anyone eles have teenagers that suffer with them

I used to suffer quite badly with them, not so much now I've had some CBT counselling.

Panic attacks are not uncommon in teenagers - its a time of great change and many suffer from social anxieties. Talk to your GP about CBT - also plenty of physical exercise will really help as will relaxing exercises such as Tai Chi and Yoga. Learning to breathe deeply can help immensely - there is a relaxation exercise on my website that is based on relaxed breathing. Follow the link below:

I have a 18 year old daughter who suffers with panic attacks does anyone eles have teenagers that suffer with them

I had a mate that used to get them,is remedy was to keep some tablets in a special bracelet on his wrist just in case.just knowing he'd got them there seemed to give him more confidence

I don't think its uncommon but think she should seek medical advice. My daughter had similar attacks and they turned out to be something more serious. She is better now but I wished I'd picked up earlier how bad things were.

I used to get a lot of panic attacks when I was that age but grew out of it. At the time I used relaxation cds alot and I would think that now CBT would help. Best of luck and hope she soon overcomes it.

As many of the above had said go with the CBT even if it means paying for it rather than waiting for the NHS to come up with the sessions.

Thanks everyone for replying she been to gp put her on antidepressants and she waiting for councilling . think she could do with someone to talk to who knows wot she going throu and how she feels, she thinks she only one that suffers from them

A vague memory to me now, but being a teenager is hellish at times. She's very lucky to have an understanding Mum .. and that's a big help, honestly, even though you may not realise it now. x