Parcel Lost - help

Hi all,

I just moved into a new apartment in Sheffield few days ago. I ordered a LCD Monitor and paid for express delivery which was estimated to take 2 working days to deliver.

The monitor was expected to delivery yesterday but nothing happened. I emailed to the online shop asking about this. The reply from it was the goods was received and signed by XXX. Since I am the only person living in the chosen address. There shouldn't be any other to receive on behalf of me.

So I tried to ask around my neighbor if they received it on behalf of me. The one next door said that the courier arrived almost mid night yesterday. He said he would like to keep the monitor on behalf of me but the courier did not let him do so and took it back.

Is it soooo strange? I am wondering what I should do. Since I don't have any proof on hand I just couldn't argue with my neighbor (Although it is highly susceptible that he had stolen my monitor and pretended knowing nth). I just cannot come up with any reasonable answer to the following questions

1. if the courier really took it back the Monitor, he should have left a note to me saying that he would deliver it again?

2. the tracking system did so that XXX signed for it and he actually asked me if it is a Monitor/TV (He know what the parcel is!!)

Please kindly advise what I should do...... Thanks....

You are only required to deal with the supplier (online shop).

The failure of the courier is their problem.

Inform them clearly that, regardless of what the courier is saying, you have not received your goods and require delivery or full refund.

As you had paid for express delivery, you should tell them you expect delivery within the next two working days.

If you don't get satisfaction and if the total cost was more than £100 and you paid with a credit card, you can advise your credit card company of a charge for an item that has not been supplied and they should credit you with the ammount.

Edited by cgksheff

The goods havent been delivered to the delivery address, end of. id ask them to check who signed it and if you gave them athority to leave it with someone else, as you dont know anyone.

I didnt give any of my authority to anyone....... But it's pointless to argue with my neightbour. I just notified the online shop for this matter and wait for its reply.

Do you think if there is anything i can do at the moment?

Hi all,

So I tried to ask around my neighbor if they received it on behalf of me. The one next door said that the courier arrived almost mid night yesterday. He said he would like to keep the monitor on behalf of me but the courier did not let him do so and took it back.

Is it soooo strange? I am wondering what I should do. Since I don't have any proof on hand I just couldn't argue with my neighbor (Although it is highly susceptible that he had stolen my monitor and pretended knowing nth). I just cannot come up with any reasonable answer to the following questions

1. if the courier really took it back the Monitor, he should have left a note to me saying that he would deliver it again?

2. the tracking system did so that XXX signed for it and he actually asked me if it is a Monitor/TV (He know what the parcel is!!)

Please kindly advise what I should do...... Thanks....

The one next door said that the courier arrived almost mid night yesterday.

i didnt know couriers deliverd that late if its city link ive had no end of problems with them saying know one was in wen there was

You are only required to deal with the supplier (online shop).

The failure of the courier is their problem.

Inform them clearly that, regardless of what the courier is saying, you have not received your goods and require delivery or full refund.

As you had paid for express delivery, you should tell them you expect delivery within the next two working days.

If you don't get satisfaction and if the total cost was more than £100 and you paid with a credit card, you can advise your credit card company of a charge for an item that has not been supplied and they should credit you with the ammount.

Is it applied to Debit Card as well?

I am so furious at my neighbor. How can he be so dishonest?

The one next door said that the courier arrived almost mid night yesterday.

i didnt know couriers deliverd that late if its city link ive had no end of problems with them saying know one was in wen there was

It is ParcelForce!!!

The online shop told me 1130 was the time showing on the tracking system that the goods was delivered.

It is ParcelForce!!!

The online shop told me 1130 was the time showing on the tracking system that the goods was delivered.

well i work for royal mail and i can assure you royal mail and parcel force do not deliver at this time of night. are you sure it wasn't 11:30 am? but i would still be surprised if xxx has not got it if the tracker says it was delivered. as soon as a delivery is attempted the parcel is scanned on the doorstep as delivered or not.

Edited by olilew