Sexual harassment at work

who can you speak to if its your boss doing the harassing? im in a situation where i have a lot of financial committments, and i am worried about quitting my job incase i cant find another straight away. i am actively looking for alternative employment, but to no avail as yet.

please dont be hard on me, this is my first post and i dont feel confident enough as yet to speak to someone face to face, not even my close friends.

any advice is greatly appreciated.

who can you speak to if its your boss doing the harassing? im in a situation where i have a lot of financial committments, and i am worried about quitting my job incase i cant find another straight away. i am actively looking for alternative employment, but to no avail as yet.

please dont be hard on me, this is my first post and i dont feel confident enough as yet to speak to someone face to face, not even my close friends.

any advice is greatly appreciated.

HR are probably the best people to speak to in a situation like that.

I'm really sorry to hear your story, your obviously going through a really hard time and I personally would hate to be in your position.

It Depends on the severity of the harrassment itself in all honesty, you need to define really as to whats happening because a lot of employers are far to easy to put these things off as somebody simply being overly friendly or passing it off as something else.

Another factor is who actually is harrassing you, if it's somebody at the same level as you then you should be able to approach somebody superior to you and they have a legal obligation to act on your accusations immediately.

Theres a variety of free legal / work help services out there who will help you on a personal level either way, they have to treat you fairly and will not judge you, they will do everything possible to help you based on what you need.

***Please don't scorn this person Forummers, sounds like they are going through a pretty rough time!

If you have a union, ask to speak confidentially to a union representative and get their advice before you approach Human Resources. They can advise you on the best course of action and attend meetings with you to ensure correct procedure is followed.

Speaking to your union is good advice.

If you don't have one, would it be worth speaking to another manager who you trust?

its a really small company, no HR, or union (that I know of).

Speaking to your union is good advice.

If you don't have one, would it be worth speaking to another manager who you trust?

Only problem with speaking to another manager is, you don't know how well they actually get on with the other manager who's causing the trouble. I never trust them, ever.

Guest makapaka

Tell the person thats doing it that if they don't stop you will take it further.

The threat alone will probably stop them.

If it doesn't call a solicitor and see what they say.

its a really small company, no HR, or union (that I know of).

Ask for a meeting and take someone you trust along with you. Tell him his behaviour is unacceptable and if it doesnt stop then youll have to take it further.

Tell the person thats doing it that if they don't stop you will take it further.

The threat alone will probably stop them.

If it doesn't call a solicitor and see what they say.

thankyou maka. thats the thought i had had to be honest

Ask for a meeting and take someone you trust along with you. Tell him his behaviour is unacceptable and if it doesnt stop then youll have to take it further.

But then what if he denies it all? And then finds another reason that she can't be at the company any longer.

Sorry, not being funny, just asking questions she might think of :)