Diabetes : make an informed choice

Various US clinics are claiming reversal of diabetes, using the natural diet for a human being.

Decide for yourself : Chesterfield Aug 28 event

http://www.pfnh.org

I assume this is the raw for 30 days documentary. It’s fun.

However it’s nothing new and food doesn't have to be raw.

It’s in essence the same advice doctors have been giving and patients have been ignoring for a few decades now.

If you go on a calorie restricted diet. Reduce red meat as much sugar as possible and eat as much fruit and veg as possible you will see a huge decrease in symptoms and require less to no insulin, and you will see those results in a matter of days.

Tinfoil hat time.

Definitely. :|

If you restrict your eating so drastically, you risk Diabetic ketoacidosis, you risk coma, and even death.:nono::nono:

Thanks but no thanks.

Snake oil anyone? ten cents a bottle?

Having seen someone die a truly awful death from abusing their diabetes over a surprisingly short period and knowing people who've gone blind for the same reason, I don't think I'll bother.

If you go on a calorie restricted diet. Reduce red meat as much sugar as possible and eat as much fruit and veg as possible you will see a huge decrease in symptoms and require less to no insulin, and you will see those results in a matter of days.

This what I am doing, in a way, although I am type 2, and not insulim dependent.

I cut out sugar, eat lots of fruit, but less veg (I must admit) and eat regularly .. weetabix for breakfast, sarnie/ salad /fruit/ yougurt at lunchtime ... and a meal at night with fruit it has reduced my symptoms dramatically. I don't drink booze either .. just diet coke or tea.

Having seen someone die a truly awful death from abusing their diabetes over a surprisingly short period and knowing people who've gone blind for the same reason, I don't think I'll bother.

I would have thought these people were on the diet they had had before diagnosis and just stopped bothering with the treatment.

As diabetes is often preventable by the right diet I would bet the right diet is a great treatment. As long as you have help from your gp to check on what you are doing it seems more sensible than relying on injections.

I would have thought these people were on the diet they had had before diagnosis and just stopped bothering with the treatment.

As diabetes is often preventable by the right diet I would bet the right diet is a great treatment. As long as you have help from your gp to check on what you are doing it seems more sensible than relying on injections.

That is a very dangerous and false thing to be saying.

If someone doesn't take their insulin, they are in danger of going into a coma and dying.

If an insulin dependent diabetic isn't controlling their diabetes, blindness, and limb loss can result at the very least.

A diabetic cannot make their own insulin (or in the case of a type II, cannot utilise what insulin they do produce, if they are producing it) so, without insulin, they cannot process the carbohydrates in the food they eat.

My diabetes nurse advises that a good and healthy diet for a non-diabetic, is a good and healthy diet for a diabetic.

Edited by Plain Talker
"My" has just one "m"

Where do you get insulin from then if you stop injecting? It doesnt come from your food for sure!

That is a very dangerous and false thing to be saying.

If someone doesn't take their insulin, they are in danger of going into a coma and dying.

If an insulin dependent diabetic isn't controlling their diabetes, blindness, and limb loss can result at the very least.

A diabetic cannot make their own insulin (or in the case of a type II, cannot utilise what insulin they do produce, if they are producing it) so, without insulin, they cannot process the carbohydrates in the food they eat.

My diabetes nurse advises that a good and healthy diet for a non-diabetic, is a good and healthy diet for a diabetic.

Is it type I or II they are talking about in the documentary though? Also medical science is always evolving we will never know the right answer. Up until very recently the "best method" of dealing with nut allergies was not to let even the tiniest bit pass your lips and to have an hypodermic to hand. A lot of people deal with allergies by constant exposure (it works for me) and now medical science is changing its stance and starting to treat people with peanut flour. It might be great for some people and not work at all for others thats why I said it should be done with a gp.

Edited by llamatron

I assume this is the raw for 30 days documentary. It’s fun.

However it’s nothing new and food doesn't have to be raw.

It’s in essence the same advice doctors have been giving and patients have been ignoring for a few decades now.

do you mean "reduce your sugar intake as much as possible", rather than "as much sugar as possible"?

I sincerely hope you do.

also see my response and obelix's response below.

(bold 2) "Less to no insulin" ?

There is a phenomenon where there is what's called a "honeymoon period" in diabetes, where the insulin production "picks up" for a short time before failing, again, almost completely.

Don't be fooled that it's been cured.

Is it type I or II they are talking about in the documentary though?

I don't know, as it's not specified. (which I suppose is just another proof of it being bad-science, snake-oil, and quackery?)

having looked at a couple of the articles within the site, I am even more in agreement with therealchris's comment, about tinfoil hats.

Diabetes is a serious and potentially fatal condition, if not managed properly.

It's not a condition to be trifled with.

Well, unless you like the idea of an amputation, or blindness?