Help connecting a freeview TV (not box) to a projector.

andyk68

Depends on the TV. Some will have the option of turning one of the inputs into an output, but will probably only allow you to pass through whatever's connected to the other inputs.

My Sony 32KDL2000 will turn the composite outputs on the side to an output, but you have to select it in the menu.

Probably easier to get a cheap freeview box though.

Then can it be done using a VCR or DVD player?
It could be done using a VCR, DVD player, even a freeview box indeed, or whatever else outputs a signal compatible with your projector's input(s), provided your projector has composite ('red/white/yellow'), SVHS or SCART input.

You just need the right cable and/or an adapter (e.g. SCART<-> composite, if required).

Note that you can't have SCART or composite (VCR, DVD) > VGA (projector), however.

Edited by L00b

It could be done using a VCR, DVD player, even a freeview box indeed, or whatever else outputs a signal compatible with your projector's input(s), provided your projector has composite ('red/white/yellow'), SVHS or SCART input.

You just need the right cable and/or an adapter.

Note that you can't have SCART or composite (VCR, DVD) > VGA (projector), however.

You can with a synchblaster cable, but they are ££

You can with a synchblaster cable, but they are ££
I know, but I'm just K-I-S-S ;) (also why I've left out component, or USB DVB-T through laptop > VGA, or... or... <endless variations>)

EDIT (about synchblaster): ...and then we'd have the OP asking us about not getting any sound :twisted: