Muslim population in prisons doubles.

what are the comparative proportions of christians, etc in prisons against the general population? Viewed in isolation, the comparison for muslims tells us nothing.

I disagree.....the percentage of of Muslims in the whole prison population is at a level where it does show(based on official figures)that a higher percentage of the Muslims in the country have been sent to prison than the percentage of non-Muslims.

The reasons for this are open to debate, and I would love to examine the whole spectrum of the prison population as there must be one religion(or lack of ie athiest) who is under represented due to the figure we have for Muslims.

If anyone has any further facts then I am sure they would be interesting.

I disagree.....the percentage of of Muslims in the whole prison population is at a level where it does show(based on official figures)that a higher percentage of the Muslims in the country have been sent to prison than the percentage of non-Muslims.

The reasons for this are open to debate, and I would love to examine the whole spectrum of the prison population as there must be one religion(or lack of ie athiest) who is under represented due to the figure we have for Muslims.

The fact is the majority of muslims in jail only became muslim when they got there because of the perks.

The fact is the majority of muslims in jail only became muslim when they got there because of the perks.

We don't know that....we know that some convert for this, but the figures are not given, and to say that the MAJORITY of Muslims have converted in jail is definitely optimistic.

Fry ups, pork pies and fish chip buffets in prison (for breakfast) now!

Muslims and ethnic people are more likely to be found guilty and or sentenced to custody.

We don't know that....we know that some convert for this, but the figures are not given, and to say that the MAJORITY of Muslims have converted in jail is definitely optimistic.

If the population has risen from 3% to 11% with the article saying a lot change to it in prison we can.

What are your opinions on the reason more muslims are in jail?

Muslims and ethnic people are more likely to be found guilty and or sentenced to custody.

Why?..............

If the population has risen from 3% to 11% with the article saying a lot change to it in prison we can.

What are your opinions on the reason more muslims are in jail?

I am honestly not sure..........I know a lot of people will probably have me down as some racist bigot but actually I just get very frustrated with things relating to immigration being ignored, covered up, dismissed as trivial etc....

I think it needs more study without fear of being accused of prejudice. Of course it could be surmised that Muslims are more likely to commit crime, which the statistic I would say does go towards proving this. But if it is to do with their culture, their circumstances, or if it's just a statistical fluke I do not know.

Why?..............

With the current anti muslim feelings doing the rounds any muslim up in front of a jury is getting a guilty just because they are muslim. I am saying this because a couple of people I know have gone down for crimes commited by other people who I also know.

Black people are stereotyped and face the same predjudices because after all juries are made up of normal people off the street who have their own predjudices etc.

Also ethnics end up with longer sentences compared to their white counterparts.

With the current anti muslim feelings doing the rounds any muslim up in front of a jury is getting a guilty just because they are muslim. I am saying this because a couple of people I know have gone down for crimes commited by other people who I also know.

Black people are stereotyped and face the same predjudices because after all juries are made up of normal people off the street who have their own predjudices etc.

Also ethnics end up with longer sentences compared to their white counterparts.

I don't agree with that at all, for every quote like yours a similar one can be made for a non muslim case.

As for ethnics getting longer sentences, I would say it is not true.

I am honestly not sure..........I know a lot of people will probably have me down as some racist bigot but actually I just get very frustrated with things relating to immigration being ignored, covered up, dismissed as trivial etc....

I think it needs more study without fear of being accused of prejudice. Of course it could be surmised that Muslims are more likely to commit crime, which the statistic I would say does go towards proving this. But if it is to do with their culture, their circumstances, or if it's just a statistical fluke I do not know.

I think some muslims turn to crime because they find it hard to get a job. My younger brother got his Accountancy degree in 2008 at Nottingham Trent Uni, he is £20,000 in debt and can not get a placement with any accountancy firm in Sheffield, Nottingham, Leeds etc yet he says that most of his white fellow student have managed to do so.

From what I know of them, I am surprised the proportion is not higher.