Young teen age girls getting contraceptives without parents' knowledge

As I said I would imagine as I've not had one so I don't know for certain.

Sccsux - you seem hell bent on trolling so I shall leave you to it

I HAVE had one, and there is no after-care required for it. You just leave the dressing on for a day or two, and for 3 days, you aren't allowed to get either the dressing or the wound wet.

Sccsux - you seem hell bent on trolling so I shall leave you to it

Not really.

I'm just being realistic and honest (as testified by the post above).

You just leave the dressing on for a day or two, and for 3 days, you aren't allowed to get either the dressing or the wound wet.

Did you have a bruise that required further medical treatment?:hihi:

Did you have a bruise that required further medical treatment?:hihi:

I had a bruise. But nothing that needed attention. Plus the fact, before you have it done, the doctor/nurse administering it explains EVERYTHING that could go wrong with it. I am sure a 14 year old girl is capable of hearing the facts, and making her own mind up.

before you have it done, the doctor/nurse administering it explains EVERYTHING that could go wrong with it.

I would expect no less:thumbsup:.

I am sure a 14 year old girl is capable of hearing the facts, and making her own mind up.

Indeed:clap:.

Yes. Because it is condoning under age sex. Anymore silly questions?

Yeah, maybe it is but it's quite likely that in the next 2-3 years, your child will have sex.

Now it can either be with contraception, or without it...

I didn't at any point say invasive surgery!?

It is still an injection and then insertion of the device which is a medical procedure

It is a matchstick sized implant that is just pushed under the skin with a needle type thing, it leaves a little mark like an injection but because of it going under the skin the skin can bruise when it is done.

Oooooh. How horrific:o. Must need loads of after care:rolleyes:.

Sometimes my (really weeny and hair-fine) insulin injection needle leaves a bruise on my arm/ tummy/ leg. sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

It's a bruise. it's nothing major, it'll heal up/ fade within a week or two.

My opinion is simple-

No contraceptives should be given to anyone under 16 without consent from a parent after this age it should be available without parental consent.

If my daughter had come home age 14 with an implant, I would have hit the ceiling!!!!

My opinion is simple-

No contraceptives should be given to anyone under 16 without consent from a parent after this age it should be available without parental consent.

If my daughter had come home age 14 with an implant, I would have hit the ceiling!!!!

How would you have felt if your daughter had come home and told you she was pregnant? Whilst I agree that under 16s should not be having sex anyway, some are going to have sex whether we want them to or not, and to deny contraception to those youngsters is very likely to increase the underage pregnancy rate, not stop them having sex.

My opinion is simple-

ere ere me too

:cool:

ere ere me too

Because she had the implant or be cause she didn’t / couldn’t talk to you about it first.?

Thats fair enough, rainbowsky, but the law doesn't agree and that is what we have to abide by.