HELP!! I cant open my kitchen door!

Can anyone tell me how to open my kitchen door! i cant move the handle at all, its like the lock is jammed. I have left my back door keys in the kitchen so i can't get to the door from the other side! :mad:

I have rang emergency repairs and they said it's not an emergency and will have to wait until the end of the week :( i need to get in my kitchen, i have 3 kids (one of which is a baby) that need feeding :help:

Has something fallen into the gap when you were shutting it. Is there something trapped that you could try pushing out and free door? Look round the edges of the door. See if the vinyl or capet has come up and is jamming it.

Oh dear...you friends with your next door neighbours is there a chance they could come round and have a go at unjamming it? Otherwise all i can suggest is if you have a screwdriver unscrew the hinges.

I believe you will find that to unscrew the hinges you have to reveal the hinges which means the door will be OPEN :hihi:

Try takin the handle off, use some mole grips to turn metal bar inside. If that fails, get someone who like destroying things to come and knock it through!!

my partner has done this frequently when he has been hammered....unfortunately he has now run out of doors....and to get them replaced will cost £80 per door. :(

Try takin the handle off, use some mole grips to turn metal bar inside. If that fails, get someone who like destroying things to come and knock it through!!
My bold

That works - says she, from experience of failed door handles!!!

It was the handle mechanism that had broke, nothing would shift it. I managed to do it by unscrewing the handle and forcing it open with another screw driver! Now i have a big hole in my door. My 8 year old was stuck in there at the time, she ended up having the climb out of the window and my catching her from the out side.

Thanks for the help peeps.