Ecclesfield School fails OFSTED inspection

The letter that came from school yesterday said that "Mr Nolan has stepped down from his role effective from the 31st October"

Im a student in Y11 there at ECCO everyone has been saying that OFSTED said that he would be sacked on the monday after he left or he could leave on the Friday:o:D personaly i dint like him but im not sure ill like this ROB guy any more:|

• 3 weeks later...

As a year 11 student at Ecclesfield, i feel that this Ofsted inspection was a complete over reaction, the inspectors spoke to very few students and only went into 52 lessons over 3 days, 3 of which were with supply teachers. I think the school is performing well and i think i am on course to achieve my target grade when i sit my exams next year.

• 2 months later...
Word of warning to every parent of Ecco school.

Having yet another clamp down on uniform. Loose fitting trousers only. No boots. No Brightly dyed hair. atleast an A4 sized bag. No Leggins/Jeggins.

They make me laugh, yet girls are allowed to go to school with hair extensions in, false nails, an inch thick of make up on their faces, mobile phones, piercings and tattoos.

My partners niece goes to Ecclesfield Comp and is doing very well her sister starts there in september i think sometimes these reports can be quite off putting and i think people have to find out for themselves.

I go to ecco and the ofsted reports is nothing but lies.

Most ofsted reports are the same. Its not an inspection to see how the school is going, more of an exercise to see if the school can pull the wool over the inspector's eyes.

I bet most of them reckon kids smell like paint because that's all they can smell when they visit a school!

To be fair the ofsted people are looking through the paperwork, making sure the correct forms have the signatures on them and generally justifying their own jobs.

I know of a teacher, and she has glowing ofsted reports. However, she wears tight fitting tops and why she is not marked down on this is beyond me. Surely she is a menace in the classroom to the young lads

• 4 months later...