Washing line theft

They probably needed something to clean that bike they stole off you and just grabbed the clothing and the pegs came off with the cloth.

Find the person who stole your bike and I am sure you will find the culprits of the washing theft.

To be brutally honest i think its pathetic that people commit such crimes as this i mean what has the world has come to?

Surely no-one is that bad off that its necessary to steal 2 towels and some clothes pegs.

Sorry tho but i must say its sad in some degree that you know how many clothes pegs exactly they have taken i mean do you sit and count them or something??

To be brutally honest i think its pathetic that people commit such crimes as this i mean what has the world has come to?

Surely no-one is that bad off that its necessary to steal 2 towels and some clothes pegs.

Sorry tho but i must say its sad in some degree that you know how many clothes pegs exactly they have taken i mean do you sit and count them or something??

I think with two towels hanging from the line it would be fairly easy to calculate the number of pegs stolen. Unless Teuton had overlapped the corner of one towel with the other and used one peg to hold both. In that case the claim for four pegs would be exaggerating the crime to glean extra sympathy, and fraudulent if an insurance claim were put in for four instead of three.

However, is it not forgivably presumptuous to think that if someone lives in Dore they can afford surplus pegs enough to hang each item separately with pairs of pegs?

I think with two towels hanging from the line it would be fairly easy to calculate the number of pegs stolen. Unless Teuton had overlapped the corner of one towel with the other and used one peg to hold both. In that case the claim for four pegs would be exaggerating the crime to glean extra sympathy, and fraudulent if an insurance claim were put in for four instead of three.

However, is it not forgivably presumptuous to think that if someone lives in Dore they can afford surplus pegs enough to hang each item separately with pairs of pegs?

If there are strong winds it is likely that more than four pegs were employed and the OP forgot that this was the case.

However - it depends upon the make up of the pegs as well as those plastic ones never quite seem as dependable as the old fashioned wooden ones - which would require only one to attach a towel to a washing line.

Was it the commemorative Charles and Diana Wedding T towel by any chance ?

as these are fetching 50p at a carboot on a good day.

Here's a tip..... us poor folk can get away with using three pegs if you put the towels together and pin two items together in the middle.

I know it's no use to you now, but had you known this handy tip you would have only lost three pegs

Edited by 40summat

What is your washing powder/fabric softener combo?

Could be Comfort addicts needing a quick hit and the pegs were simply collateral damage (probably dumped in some nearby foliage)

Apparently Lenor doesn't give such a satisfying hit .....