Holidays on the South Coast - suggestions?

If you're not too set on south coast, I'd look at france too. Cost us like £50 return for the ferry - maybe less I forget. And no threat of bloody volcanic ash!

Or I'd be looking at scotland or wales, just got back from wales - brilliant (apart from the welsh and the police). More castles and words you can't say than you can shake a sheep at.

If you're not too set on south coast, I'd look at france too. Cost us like £50 return for the ferry - maybe less I forget. And no threat of bloody volcanic ash!

Or I'd be looking at scotland or wales, just got back from wales - brilliant (apart from the welsh and the police).

Well I went Wales in 2007 with a big group of us which was good fun but it's made me never want to camp again, and went to Scotland for my birthday last year. I'm trying to broaden my horizons a little bit thats why the south appeals to me, i've never been. (Yes, I did have a sheltered childhood).

Well I went Wales in 2007 with a big group of us which was good fun but it's made me never want to camp again, and went to Scotland for my birthday last year. I'm trying to broaden my horizons a little bit thats why the south appeals to me, i've never been. (Yes, I did have a sheltered childhood).

I'd be staying in bed & breakfasts or something - some idyllic ones.

If the ferry's cheap to france I'd imagine it's cheap to ireland (only ever flew), great scenery & nightlife over there. Perhaps worth considering.

Which chippy's that, Rick Steins:?::hihi:

No, that's Padstow. He doesn't have a chippy in Newquay, unfortunately, if he did, I wouldn't mind paying £7 for that. No, this is bog standard chip shops.

You could always go to Port Isaac and get a jacket potato in a pub at lunchtime for £8.50, if that sounds better value.

Edited by Darth Vader

£7 for fish and chips? if they were nice i'd pay. After all you would easily pay that on a pub lunch somewhere round here.

I'm definately thinking somewhere with easy access to France and i'm sticking to dahn saff, basically because the weather is almost guaranteed to be nicer than up in Scotland.