Damp in house - advice

Get the damp meter on hire, check it yourself and assume the buyer was telling the truth.

Why is it that vendors always expect the £800 survey the purchaser pays for when it turns out the vendor hasnt looked after their property correctly!!!

One day the system will be that the vendors pay for a full survey as part of the HIP and the price is added to the purchase price...it would sort these types of problems out from the offset.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I hate those damp meters! Holes everywhere!!

Get an independant surveyor in. I am soooo suspisious of all this type stuff now.

There is one in Homfirth with a great web site if you want a good read. p Doyle I think. You can goole it.

I think if you love a house and the vendor is happy to admit that there may be small problems, then a lot of seriuos people would still buy the house. I bet there isn't a house or survey out there that finds a 100% 'dry' house.

Edited by malaikaa
Can't type very well!

we had to move out from a flat,cos the landlady changed the windows(double glazing) while we were on holiday,when we got back everything was covered by mould:(

we left windows open during the day to air the flat,but it didnt work...hope she sorted the problem now

we had to move out from a flat,cos the landlady changed the windows(double glazing) while we were on holiday,when we got back everything was covered by mould:( we left windows open during the day to air the flat,but it didnt work...hope she sorted the problem now

Bloody hell, how long did you go on holiday for?