New gym opening in May

I hope it does well, at under £16 a month, it's very good value. May be a bit of competition for the other gyms.

I reckon it will get way over subscribed, I know people who use the one in leeds and they dont rate it tbh! Plus there's no pool... give it a few months and it will be really busy and things will start falling apart - I reckon it will affect gyms in sheffield in the short term but in the long term it should even out!

I wouldn't join anywhere without knowing the parking situation- it's a very tough area of town to find predictable parking and if the gym is busy then I assume that the car park will be busy. I'm the unusual gym user in that I go just to use some of the machines to help with aerobic fitness and I can't walk more than a few metres, especially after a gym session.

I wonder what their policies are on gym users with carers? I think I may have to email them to ask.

I might actually join, a gym that's open 24/7, doesn't charge premium rates for going at peak times might do ok.

For those mentioning pools, you need to read the site FAQ, it's a no-frills gym, hence no pool, keeps costs down. I'd rather not pay to use equipment I don't want to which you end up doing at most other gyms.

Just had a read on website, sounds really good, only concern is the fact that there is no staff in after 8pm, not sure I would feel safe.

I think it's great for a no-frills gym. The likes of Virgin and Esporta are £50 a month, but when you strip them of the pool (pools cost a fortune to operate) and the pushy sales 'consultants', you get down to around £15 a month.

I think it's the start of things to come. People are starting to realise £50 a month is a lot of money to keep fit.

Just had a read on website, sounds really good, only concern is the fact that there is no staff in after 8pm, not sure I would feel safe.

Only members can get in, using a pin number. It's also monitered by CCTV 24/7, presumably with a security guard watching, linked to the emergency services as well. I think it sounds really good and I've already joined up.

I think it sounds great; cutting out the premiums for pool/sauna and having 24/7 access is a great concept.

I'd want to check on their H&S policies for the unmanned hours, but as they are open elsewhere, I'm sure it's something they've considered already.

Only members can get in, using a pin number.

Members and anyone else who has found out what the PIN is, can get in.

Members and anyone else who has found out what the PIN is, can get in.

They moniter usage and will cancel your membership immediately if that happens. Don't you think they will have thought of stuff like that.