Root Beer - anyone tried it? where can I buy it?

Hi , have been searching for years for saspirilla drink from childhood, now I have a suspision that it may be 'root beer' - so am dying to try it, however, sainsburys, and morrisons havent got any in stock, anyone know anywhere that has it, and importantly, have you tried it and is it nice?

heyy ive tried root beer, it smells like something from a dentist and also tastes like it as well, but thats what i think lol. Try ebay thats were i got mine from. =)

I'm pretty sure ASDA carries some Root Beers, but I can't vouch for how good they are. I do miss root beer though, so if you find some locally, let me know!

waitrose sell root beer ....i think it tastes like germoline though :gag:

Sarsaparilla is made in the factory next to my fella's so he brings it home quite regually - only downside is, its in Bacup! However the website is below so you can get some delivered - it's gorgeous. The perk of fella living near Bacup is that they sell it as "local produce" in the shops so you can get it fizzy or still. Mm!

http://www.sarsaparilla.co.uk/

EDIT: Just had a look at the stockists link, apparently its available at a shop called Herbafayre although I have to say i've never heard of it before.

Edited by Tess

American Soda are brilliant, I got my Mothers Day present from there :D It was a box of Root Beer!

Weatherspoons are doing Rootbeer at the moment too!

Not sure about Root Beer but I've rediscovered the delight of Ginger Beer after many years (30+)

Asda defo sell it in cans of 6, called carters root beer, my mrs loves the stuff

They used to sell it in McDonalds years ago & it even appeared in the brilliant Macc Lads song 'All Day Drinking' (youtube it!) I guess they stopped selling it cos its bleeding awful & nobody bought it - it does taste like germaline! Bloik!

Funny I've just been drinking some Australian Root beer, Went to Hillsborough and they have this shop under the precinct dirt cheap stuff. They sell Australian Root beer 6 bottles for £1.99 and also Australian Ginger beer for £1.99 think the shop was called bargain something.

Home Bargains? :) I love that shop, found German mustard in there earlier this month after searching in this country for two years for it....a week after returning from Berlin with shedloads of the stuff :roll:

Edited by LitleMermaid