Are Christians discriminated against in the UK?

Atheism: noun

the theory or belief that God does not exist.

That is it. As simple as that.

An atheist is simply someone who does not believe in god. It is not some homogenous group of people out to get you, it is just a noun to describe people who don't believe in god.

I don't like saying it, but in your case I will, as it correctly applies in this case:

Grahame, you are PARANOID!

John X

How do you explain the National Secularist Society and the Humanist Society which are both atheist organisations and want to ban religion in this country.

It isn't a case on not believing in God, there are plenty who would like to ban religion completely. We can see one or two of them who post on this forum.

Edited by Grahame

It isn't a case on not believing in God,

Actually, that's exactly what it is.

Please stop bandying the word 'atheism' about as if it were 'the enemy of those who believe in god'.

If you are going to make up your own meaning for every word you use, is there really any point in discussing anything with you. :mad:

John X

How do you explain the National Secularist Society and the Humanist Society which are both atheist organisations and want to ban religion in this country.

It isn't a case on not believing in God, there are plenty who would like to ban religion completely. We can see one or two of them who post on this forum.

The National Secularist Society of represent their members as does the Humanist Society. Nothing more. You not suggesting that an individual theist group represents all theists do you?

Actually, that's exactly what it is.

Please stop bandying the word 'atheism' about as if it were 'the enemy of those who believe in god'.

If you are going to make up your own meaning for every word you use, is there really any point in discussing anything with you. :mad:

John X

You haven't answered the point I made. Atheists (many of them) have an agenda.

No it's not just atheists that have agendas, every one has an agenda. So what you needed to say is that all people have agendas.

No it's not just atheists that have agendas, every one has an agenda. So what you needed to say is that all people have agendas.

Atheists have one particular agenda, and I believe it is harmful to society.

Atheists have one particular agenda, and I believe it is harmful to society.

The agenda exists only in your mind. What links my agenda with an atheist living in Alaska or Vladivostok?

You've never answered any points I've made!

I think a quick look at the evidence would suggest the opposite is true. You only have to watch any of the religious channels on TV which all end up asking viewers to "Send money for Jesus, so that we Christians can acquire bigger houses, cars etc."

I have never seen an atheist worship money like a good Christian can!

Grahame has a tendency to portray people as he wishes they appeared, rather than how they are.

Atheists (many of them) have an agenda.

Atheists have one particular agenda

Case proved:rolleyes:

The agenda exists only in your mind. What links my agenda with an atheist living in Alaska or Vladivostok?

These atheist organisations are world wide.

As far as the forum is concerned you only have to read the posts and the threads on here created by atheists that flame religion.

My final post on this topic that you know so little about.

No - I do not believe pagans celebrated any of the festivals we associate with them today. I do not believe there are any facts to support this idea - just romantic fiction. I do not believe that the people of old cared what day of the week it was. I do not believe that they thought the solstices or equinoxes were all that important.

And you believe about festivals because it is commonly accepted, but so has christianity been - so you really are a christian in denial then?

You don't know much about your own religion do you dragon

http://www.answers.com/topic/paganism

Bold, that's wrong for a start.

Also they did keep track of dates accuratly and I think you will find the Romans were accurate as well. Here is one example.

Edward was born in 1003 and died on the 5th of January in 1066. His parents were Ethelred II and Emma, daughter of Duke Richard of Normandy. At the age of 10, he and his brother Alfred were sent to Normandy to be raised in exile while the throne was ruled by the Danish. There he became devoted to the Mass and service to the offices of the Church. After a failed attempt to regain the throne which resulted in the death of his brother Alfred, Edward later regained the throne on Easter Sunday, the 3rd of April, 1042.

Gaius Julius Caesar was born on 12 July 100 BC in Rome, son of Gaius Caesar and Aurelia. Governor of Gaul 58-49 BC. Appointed dictator for ten years in 47 B, for life on 14 February 44 BC. Married initially to Cornelia (one daughter, Julia), then to Pompeia, alas to Calpurnia. Assassinated on 15 March 44 BC. Deified in 42 BC.

Pretty impressive dating imo.

No, that's not wrong. Anniversary, as implied by the name (ann = annum), denotes a year or multiple of years has passed since a given event. The death of Jesus supposedly happened on every Friday of March, April and May. The day changes on a given date every year. The anniversary of your birth is always on a different date, because that's how anniversaries work. Your logic is flawed.