London Club - New steak house on Surrey St

Fiver is a bit steep. People should be clear when posting on here, but hey.

Read on it was a fiver for 2 sides, beans and gratin, not bad

Oh right. Was not clear it was for 2. Still. An extra fiver for beans? Woof.
Edited by Topnosher
Wrong info

Just checked and it was a fiver for gratin and beans so 2.50 per side, not bad

Just checked and it was a fiver for gratin and beans so 2.50 per side, not bad

the gratin was good & the beans cooked al dente & seasoned well... worth the money...

walked past last night and there were about 10 people with a banner complaining about animal cruelty standing outside, apparently they are selling Foie Gras.. hadnt noticed the place before

walked past last night and there were about 10 people with a banner complaining about animal cruelty standing outside, apparently they are selling Foie Gras.. hadnt noticed the place before

They clearly have nothing better to do, and foie gras is lovely. I expect they were all wearing leather and are chicken eating vegetarians anyhow lol :rolleyes:

Maybe Ill pay it a visit and order it to show that people do want it, therefore they should sell it.

They need to understand what a good steak is! We certainly did not get one, and that was after a heavily suggested upgrade to a supplier from Glossop,that and a dismal atmosphere means this act cannot survive for long in our estimation.Consistency is important,and in fairness ,we know of nowhere you can eat really good steak in Sheffield anymore,possibly the way animals are fed and reared.We had high hopes but were so disappointed and cannot find a reason to return.Although trends in eating have changed,a top class steak house would make a fortune in Sheffield.............................but make no mistake it's got to be good!

Edited by mossdog

They clearly have nothing better to do, and foie gras is lovely. I expect they were all wearing leather and are chicken eating vegetarians anyhow lol :rolleyes:

Maybe Ill pay it a visit and order it to show that people do want it, therefore they should sell it.

I hope any place that sells foie gras shuts down. Most people including meat eaters would agree that the process to produce it is disgusting and cruel.

It got a good review in the star, 4 out of 5 i think for the food

I hope any place that sells foie gras shuts down. Most people including meat eaters would agree that the process to produce it is disgusting and cruel.

Not necessarily, you can get free range foie gras. One instance I've seen is from geese that live around woodlands in an area of Spain. They gorge themselves on acorns in the Autumn in prep for migration and they swell their own liver without human intervention.

Either way foie gras production is minuscule compared to that of battery eggs, intensively reared chicken and pork products involving sow stalls and farrowing crates. If people cared about animals and not their own rigged selective moral-stroking agenda they would deal with welfare that affects the suffering of many millions more animals first. The thing is, many are hypocritical and buy these products so they can't really get on their soap box about that can they. Foie gras however is an easy target because they don't turn a blind eye to the cruelty and buy it week in week out.

I have less respect for them than someone who buys battery eggs but doesn't preach.