London Club - New steak house on Surrey St

Anybody been?

Any good reviews? or bad ones?

Not been but I think its Cary Browns latest creation. So the food should be great but questionable value for money IMO

We went on wednesday. The meal as expected was very good. I had crispy Monkfish and it was superb. Of course it should be for £16 plus extra for sides. Will we go again, yes if it takes off, we were the only diners. Obviously the service was good. However our first bar request was out of stock and my wife settled for a Saphire & tonic. My pint of Perroni was £4. We decided on a Rose for wine as I was on fish and my wife on meat. Would you believe it this was out of stock too. I doubt either had ever been in stock despite it had only just opened. The restaurant has been tastefully decorated from what was my evey saturday breakfast venue (Tuckwoods). The City Centre needs a good restaurant and this can be it. Oh it definately is not a Steak House, it's a class restaurant creating fish & meat delights. :)

Keen to try it this weekend. Anyone else been?

It will be good if this place does do well because town is too full of chain restaurants. I've not sean the menu yet but hope he will be doing a few new dishes, crispy monkfish is getting a little boring!!

Keen to try it this weekend. Anyone else been?

Please report back, mg. This place could be a very handy pre-theatre dinner venue.

Went last night 3/3.

Was very impressed with the quality of food and service.

Between us (5) we had Smoked salmon, Prawn Cocktail and Carpaccio to start - all very good.

Then we had Chateaubriand, cooked to perfection and of high quality.

Will definitely go again.

Have booked for Sat night. Looking forward to finding a really good place to eat right in the town centre (which IMHO there hasn't been up to the present).

I love Chateaubriand, we were spoilt with the last one we had, so this one will have to be pretty special to come close to it, but based on the reviews, I'll be giving it a witness...

Looks interesting, the City Centre is in need of something a bit of a notch up from the chains to raise the bar.