Cant find sensible insurance?

Yes but there have used them in another car so wouldnt be able too

You just need to add someone who has more experience and a clean licence. If you have an older female relative, that would be good. Just add them as a named driver and it should bring the price down (the theory is that if they are driving the car some of the time, then you can't be, so the overall risk is lower)

I have just bought a mazda mx-3 and i cant find any insurance under £3100, i am 19 and been driving for 6 months does anyone have any idea where i could go to get it cheaper than this? i would settle for £2500 and at a max £2800.

Try Wheels Insurance services 108 Barber road, Sheffield s10 1ee

telephone number 0114 2666622 and ask for Sunny. I know him personally and his quotes are cheaper than most.

ye i will try with a named then course lowest iv got quinns is £3100 alot wont insure me

I think that's the only thing you can do really. I was trawling through insurance companies for ages and Quinn was the cheapest at around £130 a month. I've got my dad on the policy now and its down to £40.

* That's with Aviva BTW.

Edited by Amaranthus

You need to try every insurer , should take you about a day with an internet enabled pc (google.co.uk and saynoto0870.com) and a phone. You'll soon get to know insurance better than the guys on the phones ;)

Every insurer gives a individual(ish), I've rung ones that advertised as 'lowest prices for young drivers' and had them being a grand more than elsewhere (and not willing to match!), comparison sites aren't much better either (inaccurate with some having a possibility of quoting for invalid insurance).

Whoever said add a driver above was correct though, this is a legitimate way of getting the premium down (as long as you don't lie about how much mileage the other driver will be doing), I added my girlfriend onto my car expecting to have to pay an extra hundred or so - to my surprise the split risk dropped the premium by almost £200 (and it was already the cheapest premium I'd found all weekend). She's only a couple of years older with 0 accidents.

Edited by Dave650