Can you return a mobile to a store if you have simply changed your mind?

Just wondering if phone shops offer a return/refund. Bought a new phone yesterday from Vodafone store in Meadowhall, girl showed me basic instructions and it seemed pretty good ( Samsung Tocco lite ) I have spent last night and this morning playing around with it and to be honest not sure if I like it.

I am a Mac user and the software that comes with it isn't compatible with Macs, the girl in store said I should be able to download some software but I couldn't find any, also my laptop wouldn't recognise phone when I tried to use usb cable, maybe I needed software to be loaded first, I don't know.

Anyway, do you think shops offer a refund or does anyone fancy a new phone,lol.

I would say it has an intermitant fault and you want a refund or exchange.

If they told you in store the software can be used on a mac & it can't, you've got a right to a refund.

If it's a contract phone, I think you have a 14 day cooling off period, so you can cancel for any reason in the first 2 weeks.

There should be an option in the phone settings somewhere to set it to act as a usb mass storage device, do that, then you'll be able to transfer files to & from it using usb, as if it was a usb drive.

Edited by anywebsite

They don't have to let you take it back if you changed your mind. But as your were told there was some compatible software and there isn't, you've been mis-sold it and they have to now swap it for you. I'd be surprised if they kick up a fuss meaning you'd have to play the mis-sold card, as long as you take it back quick. Should be covered in the manual/receipt/contract/paperwork they gave you.

If you'd bought it online, you'd have longer to change your mind as the rules are different.

There should be an option in the phone settings somewhere to set it to act as a usb mass storage device, do that, then you'll be able to transfer files to & from it using usb, as if it was a usb drive.

I was searching internet this morning and found this mentioned there as well. I did manage to put some music on it by dragging songs from itunes onto my desktop then sending them to phone by bluetooth, not sure if this is what you are supposed to do.

UPDATE

I have now given this phone a few days and still can't really get the hang of it, I thought touch screen would make things easier but I am finding it really hard.

After searching on Vodafones website I have found out that I will not be entitled to a refund unless it has a fault or I am unable to get network coverage, as none of these apply I have now decided to try and sell it so if anyone out there is interested have a look in classified adds, I have reduced the price from my purchase price.

UPDATE

I have now given this phone a few days and still can't really get the hang of it, I thought touch screen would make things easier but I am finding it really hard.

After searching on Vodafones website I have found out that I will not be entitled to a refund unless it has a fault or I am unable to get network coverage, as none of these apply I have now decided to try and sell it so if anyone out there is interested have a look in classified adds, I have reduced the price from my purchase price.

They appear to have mis-sold it you though :huh:

They appear to have mis-sold it you though :huh:

I doubt I would have a leg to stand on because I can access photos and music via bluetooth, and I don't really know what I am missing out on with the included software.

Did you sign for it as a contract phone? If so you have a 14 day cooling off period and can choose not to take the contract and return the phone. If you just bought the phone outright you won't have any options

I asked this specific question when I got a new phone from Vodafone.

If you buy over the phone, or online, they give you a period of time to return it (14 days I think it was).

However, if you buy it in store, you have no right to an exchange/refund if you simply don't like it.

Perhaps worth persuing the download/softwear issue - ie/ you were told it would be compatible and it isn't..?

Did you sign for it as a contract phone? If so you have a 14 day cooling off period and can choose not to take the contract and return the phone. If you just bought the phone outright you won't have any options

Mine was a contract, and I was told the cooling off period only applied to online/telephone orders.

I might have been mis-informed, but that is deffo what they told me.

I doubt I would have a leg to stand on because I can access photos and music via bluetooth, and I don't really know what I am missing out on with the included software.

If it was me I'd still go back there; she told you you'd be able to get software for the mac - you can't. If you go in there with a reasonable attitude I imagine you'll get it sorted, if you're selling this one at the moment I'm assuming you require a replacement. Can't see why they wouldn't swap the phone in light of the above.

You're probably entitled to a refund if you look into consumer law properly, if you do find this ammunition (google) and present it to them they'll jump at the opportunity to give you an exchange or be forced to give you a refund.

[stupid stereotyping]However I don't think I've ever been served by anyone who wasn't a **** in a phone shop - they seem to attract them, hopefully you'll strike lucky though and it'll be painless [/stupid stereotyping]