Walking/Hiking app for iphone

Can anyone recommend a good app for walking/hiking,using iphone, I have already purchased Outdoor Yorkshire and was wondering if anyone was using anything else

have you tried uploading a gpx file to it yet. ?

if im honest, i aint got a clue how to, feel free to email me a gpx file and brief how to do it and i will try later when i done work.... ya can mail me here

Ive been looking at i phone and i touch apps for walking. The only problem for me is that the maps are 1:50000, which is fine but when you are used to 1:25000 I need to re set the brain. Im still using my GPS which isn great for recording where I have been and where I am, but useless for telling me how to get to where I want to go unless I have downloaded a walk. Do you think there will be more walk downloads for Apps in the future.

http://themockbeggar.blogspot.com/

I would have thought so, apparently there are hundreds created every week but not certain how many are soley walking apps.

did you manage to upload the gpx file i sent you mate. ?

tomorrow record your track, when you get home export it to your pc and send it me, i'll try and upload it to my gps to see if they're compatible, i can offer you more advice with that knowledge.

no not uploaded the file, ok will record track and see what we can do

Have you tried the websie walkjogrun? It came recommended by a good friend :D

Can anyone recommend a good app for walking/hiking,using iphone, I have already purchased Outdoor Yorkshire and was wondering if anyone was using anything else

Here is another suggestion iFootpath.com

You can download walks on to your iphone and also create new walks on the website.