If online now, look North in sky

If your online now, look North in the sky. There is a greeny glow, too bright to be lights from the city and its not the moon. I was wondering if it was the Northern Lights?

Anyone know?

where abouts are you in sheffield?

where abouts are you in sheffield?

isnt North in the same direction no matter where you are in sheffield?

Can't see anything from the top end of Woodseats near Derbyshire Lane...

I can see 8 bright floodlights around the Ecclesall Road/Fulwood Road area though. Anyone know where they are coming from? Football pitches I presume, but I'm not sure where.

That might be Hallam FC.

They seem to be on every night though. I was thinking they might be five-a-side pitches up at Weston Park?

Hallam FC are at Crosspool towards Lodge Moor, not sure how often they are on.

yes thank you andyk68 but its poor visibility here and wondered if daybyday was close-by. With them being far away from me its no wonder I can't see it!

Thought you were on about Christa and Harry:hihi:

Is it Don Valley stadium? The lights are huge there and Rotherham have a home match tonight. (and I think they play their home games at DV stadium). As already pointed out North is the same direction wherever you are, but if the item is on the ground it could be in any direction depending on where you are. Don Valley is roughly North East of Nether Edge, but South East of Parsons Cross for example.

Edited by Crazymook

Is it Don Valley stadium? The lights are huge there and Rotherham have a home match tonight. (and I think they play their home games at DV stadium). As already pointed out North is the same direction wherever you are, but if the item is on the ground it could be in any direction depending on where you are. Don Valley is roughly North East of Nether Edge, but South East of Parsons Cross for example.

Ive just looked and agree! its seems to be the don valley area...:)