What can I do if I feel like the police didnt take my incident seriously?

tonight i got into a fight with a bunch of lads who are well known to the area and my family jumped in to help me and things turned worst as my family have got realy hurt and in result have had to have an operation, when the police turned up they took a statment from me and after i felt like i was worth nothing, as they said they could not do anything and that if i press charges then i myself will get arrested for hitting them back after they was the ones that caused it. Although numerous witnesses have acknowledged this are they correct or do u also feel like the police have fobbed me off with a load of rubbish please help.

tonight i got into a fight with a bunch of lads who are well known to the area and my family jumped in to help me and things turned worst as my family have got realy hurt and in result have had to have an operation, when the police turned up they took a statment from me and after i felt like i was worth nothing, as they said they could not do anything and that if i press charges then i myself will get arrested for hitting them back after they was the ones that caused it. Although numerous witnesses have acknowledged this are they correct or do u also feel like the police have fobbed me off with a load of rubbish please help.

Press charges, let them arrest you too, if they charge you with owt, fight your corner at the Magistrates and take the whole incident to the IPCC. Make sure you tell them you will take it to the IPCC if they do not investigate or if you are charged too.

i have thought about this but i didnt want to get locked up as i have been in trouble with the polic before the thing that gets me is the people who attacked me and my family are constent offenders

what area are you in aaron? hope yor family member is ok. i would let the police arrest you and fight it out in court .just because you have been in trouble before doesnt stop you defending your own family.

i have thought about this but i didnt want to get locked up as i have been in trouble with the polic before the thing that gets me is the people who attacked me and my family are constent offenders

And you're just an occasional offender. Maybe try what m.j.scuba suggests, but you're hardly likely to end up with a situation where they all get done and your lot all get off.

stannington, its actually my girlfriend who lives up there and they have started on me ever since we have been seeing eachother but she is now pregnant and they still dont give up with causing crap for the both of us

i would imagine they took statements from both parties who both blamed each other for the fight starting?

i would then think they would have asked both of you if you wanted to take the matter further which would have involved both of you getting arrested and interviewed to determine who was to blame.

if you believe that you had nothing to do with the incident taking place then you have nothing to fear as the truth will come out and if theres a case to answer.

i would get back in touch with the police and say you want to take the matter further

i agree with every one else call the police back if you dindt do any thing you have nothing to be worried about. stick to your guns dont let them get you down its not worth it .i hope the one in hospital is ok

what area are you in aaron? hope yor family member is ok. i would let the police arrest you and fight it out in court .just because you have been in trouble before doesnt stop you defending your own family.

The OP doesn't say he was defending his family - he says he got in a fight. There's nothing there to say how or why the fight started - the OP may have been to blame.

Just out of interest what were your family doing there if you are not from that area? You did say you were in your girlfriends area not yours.

And you're just an occasional offender. Maybe try what m.j.scuba suggests, but you're hardly likely to end up with a situation where they all get done and your lot all get off.

And you are just a constant trouble causer.

The op could have been a past offender.

the police did not take statements from any of us allthough i do not know about the opposite side they just asked a few things like our names and then walked out.

also my family came up as i called them to drop something of to me when i realised i left my collage stuff at mine which i needed for the morning and as i went to meet them to get it of them this all kicked off