Ashley Cole may get a driving ban.

Apparently Ashley Cole may get a driving ban for doing well over 100mph in a 50mph limit.

I don`t think he should be banned, I think he should be sent to jail for reckless driving.

It`s only pure luck either way that is the difference between this sort of driving being purely selfish and arrogant, and actually killing someone.

Ban, I doubt it. Apparently there's one law for the rich, and politicians of course, and one law for the rest.

Why do you link to a story which refutes your argument? Harman was given just the same punishment that is meted out to the vast majority of people found guilty of driving without due care and attention.

Apparently Ashley Cole may get a driving ban for doing well over 100mph in a 50mph limit.

I don`t think he should be banned, I think he should be sent to jail for reckless driving.

It`s only pure luck either way that is the difference between this sort of driving being purely selfish and arrogant, and actually killing someone.

You're right about the luck aspect. Unfortunately in this country, the punishment for your crime depends on whether you got lucky or not. If a child walks out in front of you while you're doing 100mph, your offence warrants a jail sentence; if the child stays on the pavement it does not.

Why do you link to a story which refutes your argument? Harman was given just the same punishment that is meted out to the vast majority of people found guilty of driving without due care and attention.
did you concider the case of lord ali,he was given a jail term but was later released early,celebrity,rich ?they seem to get a better deal than the average man in the street Edited by depoix
spelling error

did you concider the case of lord ali,he was given a jail term but was later released early,celebrity,rich ?they seem to get a better deal than the average man in the street

The average man though doesn't go to prison for texting whist driving, which was the offence the Lord was found guilty of, just like the average man does not go to jail for doing 100 mph in a 50 mph zone which Cole has been found guilty of.

The justice system is designed to benifit the one's who move in certain circles. its not about money, its about who you know.

It is not designed for that purpose, but since people in all walks of life prefer to look after their own, it's fairly inevitable that people in the politico-legal walk of life will prefer to look after their own. Blaming that on the fact that they are politicians and lawyers is putting the cart before the horse.