DFS guaranteed Christmas delivery

Anyone else ordered a sofa for Christmas and still waiting? OK so I know given their reputation that trusting a guarantee from DFS is slightly stupid but....

they even had a label on saying guaranteed before Christmas and the store assure me that it will definitely be delivered Friday or Saturday (even though it was originally due 'first two weeks in Dec').

I can't help but wondering if it will actually turn up. They say they have 4 trucks working this weekend to fulfill the guarantee despite the fact they don't normally deliver on Saturdays...so somebody must be getting a sofa this weekend...right?

Anyone else ordered a sofa for Christmas and still waiting? OK so I know given their reputation that trusting a guarantee from DFS is slightly stupid but....

they even had a label on saying guaranteed before Christmas and the store assure me that it will definitely be delivered Friday or Saturday (even though it was originally due 'first two weeks in Dec').

I can't help but wondering if it will actually turn up. They say they have 4 trucks working this weekend to fulfill the guarantee despite the fact they don't normally deliver on Saturdays...so somebody must be getting a sofa this weekend...right?

Just ring them to let them know that if they fail to honour their guarantee you want your money back. Presumably there's something in writing about the guaranteed delivery.

whats there reputation?

they still have over a week to deliver it, and as you already said they have 4 trucks working saturday to help fulfill the orders

whats there reputation?

they still have over a week to deliver it, and as you already said they have 4 trucks working saturday to help fulfill the orders

Yes apparently they do and are making every effort to get it to me. But as these links show DFS do have a reputation of not delivering on their promises.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2116081

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/offline-shopping-misc/dfs/1348537/

A friend of mine who used to work as a furniture importer said (after I had ordered it) the DFS Christmas guarantee was a running joke within the industry.

OH and it does say on the paperwork that it is an order for pre-Christmas delivery and the photo of the tag stuck to the sofa which I took it says "guaranteed before christmas" but in the small print it says on rare occasions a delay may occur. As you might expect it would. I'd still want the sofa after Christmas so I don't want to cancel if it's not here on time but I'd like the opportunity to make contingency plans if its not going to turn up.

I'm just wondering how rare these occasions are since DFS are insisting it will be here despite twice delaying delivery. Hence I am wondering how many other people are still waiting and how long they have been waiting for.

i have had 3 sofas from them over the past 10 years and never had a problem apart from one having some damage to the rear, which they replaced. the last one we had was delivered around the 23rd december,

if your worried give them a call im sure they will be able to tell you when your sofa will arrive to them and when they intend to deliver it

i have had 3 sofas from them over the past 10 years and never had a problem apart from one having some damage to the rear, which they replaced. the last one we had was delivered around the 23rd december,

if your worried give them a call im sure they will be able to tell you when your sofa will arrive to them and when they intend to deliver it

Thanks Dongle that's good to know. I have called several times. It was originally due to them last week but they never called us to arrange delivery. When we called they said there was a slight delay, it would delivered to them Monday and then on a truck Tues or today. No call to arrange delivery Mon/Tues. Called again "it's due to us on Thursday now" they said "we'll call you when it's in to arrange delivery Fri/Sat". I see a pattern...