Guitar, Bass, Drum Lessons, Vocal Coaching etc..post here

BANG THE DRUMS! Join my ever expanding group of students- all ages and beginners welcome!

I have 20 years of experience of which I have spent 15 touring and playing gigs with established bands (Hoggboy, Reverend and the Makers).

My style of drumming varies from rock ('n' roll) to punk, pop and dance. My approach to teaching is based on practical methods, very hands-on and I can teach you many rudiments and techniques. I will also show you how to tune your kit and will teach you the right posture.

I have a rehearsal room in S3, Shalesmoor, with 2 drum kits (no swapping over!) ready

Rates are £20 per hour. PM me if you're interested!

Ok I'm studying to become a contemporary voice coach/singing teacher and I qualify in July. It's a career change for me at 40.

Part of my studies involve practice teaching as I learn technique, warm-ups etc.

Is anyone up for two or three free lessons as I study?

I have 20 years experience in contemporary singing, I have a fully equipped studio in S6, and I'm preferably looking for a bloke as I can relate registers better with myself at this time.....

Drop me a PM if interested.

Cheers

VOCAL TUTORS AND SINGING LESSONS

I do not wish to offend anyone that teaches, but my findings are based on factual findings from having many vocal lessons to improve my voice.

I have to comment on the many people offering services for teaching and a warning to people taking lessons from unqualified people that have no teaching skills, this is not aimed so much at instruments(I have had very good tuition from non academics), but Vocals. Teaching vocals can be a breeding ground for deception as the instrument is your voice. Often its the pupil that has to practice, the tutor is merely there to direct you on your learning. Incorrect Vocal training can lead to permanent damage to the vocal chords and inadequate progression of your vocal development. Unfortunately some of these Teachers find their way into School and academy's and have no Degree in vocals or Teaching. They get by by adding their client list as THEIR PUPILS have done this and that competition, released this and that album, starred in this theatre production, so you automatically think its their tutor that has got them the success. In Reality the tutor has done Very little, sometimes only giving 1-2 lessons before using the unsuspecting pupils to massage their own Egos.

I have had lessons from nearly everyone that teaches in Sheffield and London too as well as Leeds Manchester in the last 5 years.

So I have learned something, that if they are not qualified with a degree, they are usually shoddy teachers , but obviously good singers themselves. To Teach well, having the skills in Vocals is not enough, you have to be a good tutor.

So here is a small plus + tick list for the Tutors that have a real genuine vested interest in their pupils and not just their wallet.

1) The Teacher provides homework, progress sheets, study material.

If you have never received any paperwork from your tutor, then they are obviously a fraud, especially if you have been with them for more than 5 lessons, the more lessons that go on without paperwork, the more alarm bells should be ringing. They are just milking your wallet and you cannot progress unless you and your tutor keep a meticulous record of your progress.

2) The tutor has a genuine qualification(degree) in Vocal related studies.

Ask to see it! There is many charlatans around.

Can they grade you and put you forward for grading, if they cannot, be suspicious.

3) You can see a marked improvement in your weaknesses within your voice and a progressive improvement.

4) Your Tutor does not have you doing just scales and breath control in all your lessons, this can be done at home or working on one particular problem within a certain song for a full hour. If you find you are doing scales and breath control in every lesson, there is something definitely wrong.

5) Ask yourself can you sing already, if you can, then how much has your tutor really improved you in the last 3 months, is it down to them, or down to yourself? If down to yourself, end the lessons!

6) If cannot sing, it should only take 3-4 lessons to develop confidence in breathing and releasing the head voice and start projecting your natural voice vastly improving your range and tone.

Most pupils think this is some magic that the tutor has given them, but in reality, its your natural singing voice released, your confident voice.

7) If you cannot sing, and still after say 8 lessons cannot sing, then there is something wrong, you may be the very small percent of people that will never develop a singing voice, but some tutors will carry on encouraging something that will never happen to line their pockets. I saw such a poor woman perform after having over 2 years of lessons(£3000) in public to be laughed at. She had no idea just how terrible she was and I really felt sorry for her although she thought it was fine because her tutor still were telling her she could sing, because she paid her for lessons on a very regular basis:-). Her Partner from Argentina also knew she should end the lessons. In my opinion the woman had hearing problems, so could not hear how bad she was. What is more Said is that behind her back the tutor were also laughing at her poor performance.

Another pupil lost their voice for incorrect tutoring in the lesson from the same tutor, the tutor blamed them for not relaxing the throat and trying to reach a range that did not suit their voice!- yet never told them this in the lesson.

8) You have a tutor that seems ever so charming and friendly and over complimentary, giving hugs and well done comments , this is to make you like them and come back for more lessons, these are the signals of a con artist, they just want your money, usually its these people that DO NOT PROVIDE any paper work, homework, practice sheets. :suspect:

9) Finally, a Clean environment, dirty beer sodden carpets in unheated Recording Studio buildings are full of air microbes and unhealthy bacteria that can cause infections on the lungs when breathing, especially in a very Cold air or in dirty basements. make sure the room you are in is clean, warm and habitable, this is where peoples homes can be preferred over old Carpeted Recording Studios that are a home for breeding unhealthy bacteria.

So if you wish to sing, you more than likely already can to some degree, the majority of you and you wish to improve avoid the unqualified people out there. your Voice is a delicate instrument and needs fine tuning by someone that has the qualifications to do so!

you would not trust a neighbour to tune your car, so why trust a total stranger without qualifications to tune your voice? Especially at £30 an hour for 2 years!

I teach guitar and piano. £30 for three 1/2 hour lessons, £50 for three 1 hour lessons.

I have a degree in Music (BA Honours) from Huddersfield and i teach in the Waterthorpe, Mosborough area.

Tel: 0114 2483260 or send me a private message on here.

Hi Chris_Sleeps,

I am looking for some guitar lessons, I am based in Killamarsh. I have been playing on and off for about 2 years, but would like to give it a good go. I have tried learning from dvds and other things but struggle when it comes to learning songs. If I am being honest I would consider myself to have no natural ability when it comes to playing an instrument, I know I will never be amazing but it would be nice to be able to play to half decent standard.

Please let me know if you think you can help.

Best regards,

Gareth

VOCAL TUTORS AND SINGING LESSONS

I do not wish to offend anyone that teaches, but my findings are based on factual findings from having many vocal lessons to improve my voice.

I have to comment on the many people offering services for teaching and a warning to people taking lessons from unqualified people that have no teaching skills, this is not aimed so much at instruments(I have had very good tuition from non academics), but Vocals. Teaching vocals can be a breeding ground for deception as the instrument is your voice. Often its the pupil that has to practice, the tutor is merely there to direct you on your learning. Incorrect Vocal training can lead to permanent damage to the vocal chords and inadequate progression of your vocal development. .................

Just to say thank you for taking the time to write all that! I'm currently looking for singing lessons for my daughter and know nothing about all this so found this really helpful :)

Looking for a bass player for soul/Rnb band

here is our music CHECK IT OUT

Currently consists of Singer/Keys and drummer. we recently did tramlines with fellow music friends with a good feedback and have more gigs coming up soon.

Must be between 18 & 25 preferably with own equipment. (we have our own prac room)

Looking for someone with experience and dedication.

Also gotta be up for a laugh!

Message us back on sheffield forum if your interested!

thanks.

PIANO LESSONS!

Piano lessons for beginners up to advanced players.

Children and adults.

A friendly, individual, professional approach.

Experience in the whole range of music styles.

Sensible, negotiable rates.

Please call 07426966145 or email [email protected]

I live in the Sheffield area and I am offering guitar and bass lessons for £10 an hour, please get to me if you like what you hear and you wanna learn the ways...

http://sheffield.videoconf.co.uk/videos/video/296/

Can teach many styles and theory but I mainly teach methods that will enable you to adapt all styles. Home tuition very much welcomed and any questions just ask away.

Please note an additional £5 added for travel costs and travel time for home tuition.

Get in touch :)

Edited by ThaBassist

Guitar Teacher Based In S8

Whether you're looking to become a virtuoso or just be able to jam with your mates I can enable you to achieve your goal.

With 9 years experience in: Blues, Rock, Indie and Metal

£15 Per Hour

£10 Per Half-Hour

Contact on: 07563204753

Edited by Stunly

I am currently taking on students for drum lessons. I have a home studio with an electronic drum kit, or a rehearsal studio with an acoustic drum kit. Lessons are/include:

-1 hour - £20

-Half hour - £10

-Music theory and sheet reading

-Hand and foot technique development

-Coordination exercises

-Stamina building

-Warm up exercises

-Genre specific lesson plans (including Rock, Pop, Metal, Reggae, RnB, Soul, Indie. Requests can be made and worked with)

-Cover song learning

-Beginner to advanced levels

-Gig preparation