Barbara Mayo 1970

Mags

Does anyone remember the murder of Barbara Mayo in 1970?

I remember seeing posters giving details of where she was found near Sheffield and have always remembered the name.

I have moved from the area now and just wondered if the murderer was ever found.

I remember the murder, she was found at the side of the M1 near Chesterfield. This was in the days before computers and i think the Police were looking for a certain kind of car (cant remember what) There as something about a bag that she had with an elephant motif. I dont think they ever found the murderer. However with DNA there may be a chance.

I remember seeing posters giving details of where she was found near Sheffield and have always remembered the name.

I have moved from the area now and just wondered if the murderer was ever found.

I remember the murder, she was found at the side of the M1 near Chesterfield. This was in the days before computers and i think the Police were looking for a certain kind of car (cant remember what) There as something about a bag that she had with an elephant motif. I dont think they ever found the murderer. However with DNA there may be a chance.

Many long unsolved crimes are being solved now due to DNA - it's only a matter of time.............

I also remember the murder of Barbara Mayo l believe that she was found in a wood somewhere in the north of England. lf l remember rightly there was a suspicion that a guy already in prison for murdering women is the prime suspect for her murder.

The car they were looking for was a Morris 1000 Traveller. I had one at the time. I was interviewed about a year later. Somehow I managed to remember what I was doing a year earlier, normally I can't remember what I was doing yesterday.

• 1 month later...

I remember this as a kid. She was found not far from Junction 29, the Heath exit as it was called.

• 2 years later...