Should organised religion be banned?

Yes and? How is this cut and paste supposed to render:

"Thats why I want it [religion] banned, its so divisive."

A rational response to the claim that your policy is much like that followed by the Nazis* and Soviets?

*not that the Nazis were particularly opposed to religion but you accepted the claim at face value.

Stop telling lies, I have posted this many times.

http://nobeliefs.com/mementoes.htm

Yes and? How is this cut and paste supposed to render:

"Thats why I want it [religion] banned, its so divisive."

A rational response to the claim that your policy is much like that followed by the Nazis* and Soviets?

*not that the Nazis were particularly opposed to religion but you accepted the claim at face value.

Cut and paste is Ok with the cite,such as.

http://www.pipeline.com/~cwa/TYWHome.htm

Edited by Hecate
fixed quote tags

You don't respond to the points people raise jobee, you post unrelated links or random diatribe instead.

You've done it consistently through theout the thread and will probably do it again now.

You also deliberately mangle quotes to make it difficult to follow what has been posted. (At least I assume it's not just pure stupidity that means you break the quotes every time)

I think you will find their government is anti religious but turns a blind eye.

Perhaps but you claimed religion is banned in Mongolia with good effects, whereas you now concede it is not banned. Banned - not banned, quite a significant difference between the two.

Stop telling lies, I have posted this many times.

In post 481 in response to skippy_54's claim that "Germany tried to eliminate a religion with death camps." you said:

"Thats why I want it banned, its so divisive.

'Organized' religion I mean, I DONT wish to interfere in peoples home life.

Public praying is stupid.."

At no point there did you in any way challenge skippy's claim. This is beside the point though as more importantly your post was in no way, shape or form a coherent response to anything skippy said.

This is yet another post of yours which makes no sense as a response to the quoted text it is supposed to be a response to.

If skippy_54 claims are true (and you seem to accept them as such) and both the Nazis and Soviets had tried to eradicate religion how would that demonstrate that religion is divisive?

What do you mean if?

Are you saying the holocaust never happened?

And I said A religion in Germany.

What do you mean if?

Are you saying the holocaust never happened?

And I said A religion in Germany.

So the Nazis only went after observant Jews did they?

The Nazis went after an ethnic group not a religion.

If by ethnic group you mean Semitic,the nazis picked a section of that group the Jews,they traced back five generations even if your ancestors five generations back were blond blue eyed German you were a Jew. The Jews are a section of an ethnic group that includes Palestinians among others.

The nazis went after many different groups of people including homosexuals,Gypsies ,Slavs and people from mental institutions but Jews were by far the largest religious group.It is possible to be a non ethnic Jew.

So do you accept that the holocaust happened?

Oh by the way I was trying to make a point,Those were the things that happen when you try to stop religion.

If by ethnic group you mean Semitic,the nazis picked a section of that group the Jews,they traced back five generations even if your ancestors five generations back were blond blue eyed German you were a Jew. The Jews are a section of an ethnic group that includes Palestinians among others.

I'm aware of this I'm also aware that Hitler was concerned with Jews not all those who were technically semitic.

The nazis went after many different groups of people including homosexuals,Gypsies ,Slavs and people from mental institutions but Jews were by far the largest religious group.It is possible to be a non ethnic Jew.

So do you accept that the holocaust happened?

Of course I believe the holocaust happened what I am denying is your claim that it was about religion. The Nazis targeted anyone with a sufficient proportion of 'jewish blood' regardless of whether or not they practised Orthodox Judaism, Catholicism or nothing at all. If anything Hitler hated fully assimilated Jews who'd converted & married out most of all as he regarded them as deceitfully undermining Aryan culture & polluting Aryan blood.

Oh by the way I was trying to make a point,Those were the things that happen when you try to stop religion.

Except of course they're not. Those are the kind of things that happen when racist lunatics obsessed with 'blood' achieve absolute power. If you "try to stop religion" you don't hunt down and kill those who don't practice any religion but whose grandparents did.

Jobee, plekhanov, Get a grip.

This is how it is.

You are both as right as you are wrong. Neither of you are big enough to make a difference. Take a leaf out of cyclone’s book, and bow down to my words of wisdom.

Live and let Live.

This is how it is.

You are both as right as you are wrong. Neither of you are big enough to make a difference. Take a leaf out of cyclone’s book, and bow down to my words of wisdom.

Live and let Live.

How can we both be "as right as we are wrong" when we hold binary opposite positions on an issue on which there can be no compromise?

• Jobee thinks organised religion should be criminalised
  • I think organised religion should remain legal

What compromise between our two positions is there?

Should 50% of religions be criminalised perhaps?

Maybe you think organised religion be criminalised for women but not for men?

Perhaps you think religion should be criminalised in spring and summer but legal in autumn and winter?

I must confess I'm intrigued so please do inform us what the golden mean position on this issue is.

This is how it is.

Live and let Live.

I believe that I left you to your ignorance and inability to understand logic.

Jobee is (as appears to be usual) wrong, and someone else is right, it's been many people through the thread, not yet yourself though.

Live and let Live is not supposed to be a rallying cry to allow idiocy to go unchallenged in a public discussion.