[ASK AN EXPERT] Mobile Air Conditioning Units

I think with this type of unit you have to take the vent hose through an open window which seems a bit self-defeating to me.

You can buy a kit for about £30 to take the vent through the wall, but it's not really a DIY job.

If it's for a child's bedroom consider one of those slow ceiling fans, they're very quiet and move enough air to cause an evaporative effect.

Cheers for info.

It's for mine and the missus bedroom (well anywhere round the house really).

I appreciate summer in the UK is hit and miss and it might not seem worth it for the few days we have. However if last nights serious lack of sleep due to hot weather is anything to go by, it'll be a worthwhile investment for each year.

Cheers for that Nick.

The one you linked to though is basically a fancy fan.

And on HOT days they tend to just blow warm air around the room.

I realise £250 seems a lot of money, but I suppose it's worth what someone will pay for it.

It'll be a good investment (IMO) for next year and the year after to make sleeping nice and cool again.

Last night was just too hot for me to sleep.

To be honest I'm not sure.

I wouldn't have thought they'd make much more noise than a fan makes.

However I've slept in apartments in the states with them built in and they weren't so noisy they kept me awake.

if you do get one of them from the B&Q around 250 could you let me know what they are like and if any good please cos we were thinking of getting one for the shop as its murder in here as soon as the sun comes round the front the big windows make it like a green house and there just isnt any ventalation weve got the fans but they dont do any good like you said after a while its just warm air they are circulating and its no good for the customers they drop like flies in the heat.

thankyou

Definately worth buying. We bought one for our daughter's (attic) bedroom last year. Yesterday it reduced the temperature from 30 degrees in the afternoon to 20 by the time she went to bed. It not very noisy but we don't leave it on at night because it's far too tempting for her to play with.

Archived