Ignorant passenger

NO you do not have priority. The wheelchair bay is a wheelchair bay. The use of it by anybody else is a concession not a right. You have no more right to use it than anybody else. If somedbody is occupying it and a wheelchair user requires it, a legal offence has occured if they do not vacate it.

If an able bodied person refuses to move for another able bodied person, no offence is caused. No matter wether the person has a buggy, shopping, space hopper, wardrode, etc. etc.

Please try and understand this: YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS IN THIS MATTER.

Instances like this are the start that leads to the end where buggies are banned. Keep going and this is where you will end.

dont be silly, there is no way on gods earth will they ban buggys from getting on buses, most of the population have children, they would lose a right killing in money if they did this, and if the disabled bay is for wheelchairs only how come there is a sticker with a child in a pram on the window :huh: i will admit disabled people do have priority over them bays though. anyway im sick to the back teeth of this thread i tell myself not to post, keep away, dont read, all iam trying to say is that women sould have done something to help a mother of a young child with loads of shopping, i know i would have done, anyway ive had enough of the bickering my kids are not in buggys anymore so hey what do i care!

dont be silly, there is no way on gods earth will they ban buggys from getting on buses, most of the population have children, they would lose a right killing in money if they did this, and if the disabled bay is for wheelchairs only how come there is a sticker with a child in a pram on the window :huh: i will admit disabled people do have priority over them bays though. anyway im sick to the back teeth of this thread i tell myself not to post, keep away, dont read, all iam trying to say is that women sould have done something to help a mother of a young child with loads of shopping, i know i would have done, anyway ive had enough of the bickering my kids are not in buggys anymore so hey what do i care!

There you go then thats probably just what the supposedly ignorant passenger was thinking.

lol i cant believe this threads still going on...can i also point out to everyone attacking me i wasnt actually the original poster, if people want to get technical i am the partner of the original poster but not the actual OP...so theres your technical bit...

Secondly "ignorant mum with pram" your a nasty peice of work arent you, or have you been ignoring every single post i have put...yes if it had been a disable person or someone with a wheelchair i would have shifted my ass right off that bus but the FACT is that the bus had SEVERAL other seats and NO other prams OR wheelchairs which means the section she was sat WAS a place to put the pram...as it is a pram and wheelchair section priority to disable WHICH WE AGREE WITH...(if your wondering why i am putting things in capitals its so you read it properly)

YES we started the thread WRONGLY by being a little too angry and selfish WE AGREE WITH THAT TOO ... oooo am i wrong anywhere yet...hmmm...

Anyway, the reason i could reach the brakes was because i had to wedge the pram in the corner with the baby facing me so that i could give her her bottle or dummy when she started to whinge and i did not have time to fold the pram i did not have time to turn it round and i did not have time to get the baby to her dad...Otherwise I WOULD HAVE!

I could quote several times i have repeated this but some people must just automatically blank out the points where i have made my peace and said yes in one or two things we were wrong IE ranting on here but in other respects she could have curteously moved as i would have done if it had been someone disable etc...

So what bit of all that i have said do you not get now cause i'll be buggered if im repeating anything again...you can all just trot off on your high horses...

Not a very nice journey at all :(

why didn't you ask her to move fa? :)

lol i cant believe this threads still going on...can i also point out to everyone attacking me i wasnt actually the original poster, if people want to get technical i am the partner of the original poster but not the actual OP...so theres your technical bit...

Secondly "ignorant mum with pram" your a nasty peice of work arent you, or have you been ignoring every single post i have put...yes if it had been a disable person or someone with a wheelchair i would have shifted my ass right off that bus but the FACT is that the bus had SEVERAL other seats and NO other prams OR wheelchairs which means the section she was sat WAS a place to put the pram...as it is a pram and wheelchair section priority to disable WHICH WE AGREE WITH...(if your wondering why i am putting things in capitals its so you read it properly)

YES we started the thread WRONGLY by being a little too angry and selfish WE AGREE WITH THAT TOO ... oooo am i wrong anywhere yet...hmmm...

Anyway, the reason i could reach the brakes was because i had to wedge the pram in the corner with the baby facing me so that i could give her her bottle or dummy when she started to whinge and i did not have time to fold the pram i did not have time to turn it round and i did not have time to get the baby to her dad...Otherwise I WOULD HAVE!

I could quote several times i have repeated this but some people must just automatically blank out the points where i have made my peace and said yes in one or two things we were wrong IE ranting on here but in other respects she could have curteously moved as i would have done if it had been someone disable etc...

So what bit of all that i have said do you not get now cause i'll be buggered if im repeating anything again...you can all just trot off on your high horses...

******* bravo! well said********* think we should quit now though, at least we know we are in the right :hihi::hihi:

FallenAngel I suggest you get off your high horse darling. She didn't move from the seat which you are angry about but it's over. Get over it love. I had to stand up on the bus yesterday while a man was sat in the seat behind where the wheelchairs and prams are allowed to be. But would he move closer to the window so I could sit down. No he wouldn't but that was because I didn't ask him too but I also didn't get my partner to post a thread saying woe is me I had to stand, so did you. Get over it. :rant: over :thumbsup:.

Its your own aft fault for not opening your mouth. Old people/Parents think its their right to have a eat, its not law, its courtesy, and some people dont have that.

She might have been half blind and so into her puzzle to notice.

You dont ask, you dont get.

Contrary to popular belief there are no designated pram spaces. The spaces you refer to are wheelchair spaces. SOME companies allow prams to be stowed in them if not required by a wheelchair user. The understanding is though that the pram should be folded if the space is required for a wheelchair user. Therefore all prams using these spaces ahould be collapsible. To render it un-collapsible by overloading it with shopping etc. by default means that it should not be there. The designated seating area is for the elderly or disabled. Not the owners of prams.

The constant abuse of this facility has led to some operators refusing to allow this concession and requiring all prams to be folded prior to boarding the bus.

The road traffic act still requires this.

This is not correct.

Just one bus company in the whole UK, one of a few operating in the Lothian region has banned non-collapsible prams (i.e. the old 'carriage' style) from their buses. A few other companies have one pram per bus policies - the only one in Sheffield which has this is Veolia. Not First, TM or Stagecoach. On all of these it is up to the driver, though they are asked to be courteous to parents with prams and not be petty.

These spaces are designed as multi-functional spaces, originally to comply with the DDA, however most bus operators designate them as wheelchair and buggy priority zones, note, not one or the other. Though this is rarely an issue - in all my bus travels I've only encountered one wheelchair user. They also are not designated seats for the elderly, who usually are designated the front few ordinary seats.

This thread amuses me though because of the illiteracy. The OP said she asked this lady to move and she was ignored. Whether she had any 'right' to the seat is moot, she was asked if she could move and didn't even deign to reply, which in my book is poor manners.

I wonder how we shall all go on when more and more of us are forced into public transport, given that more and more mums are working too, and therefore must also take prams onto transport? We need to change our attitudes towards women.

This is not correct.

Just one bus company in the whole UK, one of a few operating in the Lothian region has banned non-collapsible prams (i.e. the old 'carriage' style) from their buses. A few other companies have one pram per bus policies - the only one in Sheffield which has this is Veolia. Not First, TM or Stagecoach. On all of these it is up to the driver, though they are asked to be courteous to parents with prams and not be petty.

It is actually corrrect. The road traffic act still requires that prams / buggies be folded. This has not been repealed. This is law, not enforced but still law.

All companies have followed the same guidelines and it is one pram per wheelchair bay. If the drivers choose not to enforce it because of the abuse about "rights" they get from ignorant passengers it does not change the legal position.

It is actually corrrect. The road traffic act still requires that prams / buggies be folded. This has not been repealed. This is law, not enforced but still law.

All companies have followed the same guidelines and it is one pram per wheelchair bay. If the drivers choose not to enforce it because of the abuse about "rights" they get from ignorant passengers it does not change the legal position.

It isn't correct I'm afraid. I've just been looking into this issue and there are no rules stating 'one pram per space'. The only rule is one wheelchair per space, as the safety kit for securing the chairs is designed to only hold one wheelchair. And even then some buses have more than one space.

These 'ignorant passengers' happen to be women who are simply trying to get from A to B and there are more and more because women these days actually go to work and sometimes need to leave the house in order to buy things.

I think that 8 pages of hysterical ranting about a total stranger whose only crime was to sit in the seat they wanted to sit in tells you everything you need to know about the OP and her partner. "Ignorant" is putting it mildly.

As a result of this thread next time I'm on a bus I'll make a point of sitting in the fold up seats and if anyone gets on with a pram I'll pretend to be deaf and ignore them! :hihi:

I think that 8 pages of hysterical ranting about a total stranger whose only crime was to sit in the seat they wanted to sit in tells you everything you need to know about the OP and her partner. "Ignorant" is putting it mildly.

As a result of this thread next time I'm on a bus I'll make a point of sitting in the fold up seats and if anyone gets on with a pram I'll pretend to be deaf and ignore them! :hihi:

More like 8 pages of bullying someone who was stressed and had met with some poor manners on public transport and just wanted a rant.