Labour Government introduce changes that benefit the less well-off

Regardless of who is in government, there are always winners and losers. The rich will keep getting richer, the really poor will still get their means tested benefits, but the people who are just above the benefits level won't be much better off, but will have the privilege of paying for it. :o

Many of them will be people who thought they were doing the right thing by saving for retirement, and by providing themselves with a bit of a company or private pension, who now find they have to pay for everything. :nono: Would it have been more fun to have bought that car, or had that holiday and let the future take care of itself?

Wise words. My mother saved a bit for her old age and ended up paying £650/week for her nursing care. If she had spent her money and enjoyed life a little more the rest of you would have picked up the bill for her old age.

The current system does not favour the prudent. It favours people who live on credit and ignore the consequences.

There is a difference between people who are genuinely poor and those that simply live beyond their means.

Is there no party that will actually reward people for being prudent?

If not, then I'm saving to buy a ferrari when I'm 64.

Saving for your old age is the most certain way of ensuring that you miss out on the luxuries of life with no guarantee that it will bring any rewards after retirement.

P.S. Astons, Mercs and Jags make far more practical cars for the elderly.

Well as the Labour Government caused most of them to be less well off in the first place it is the least they can do.

Pure old-fashioned greed and selfishness is why the poor are suffering in this country, fuelled by Thatcherites.

Clearly in favour of the poor, that's why they cancelled the 10% lowest band tax rate.

Slow hand clap for a failed government.

How have they failed you, I've done ok out of them and I'd be happy to do as well with whoever is the next Government.

I thought the link I posted showed that there will now be a bigger disregard of Pensioners Capital.

What would you like them to do?

Pure old-fashioned greed and selfishness is why the poor are suffering in this country, fuelled by Thatcherites.

You would have thought after 12 years in power the current shower might be to blame for any remaining inequalities. Next they will be blaming Disraeli.

What would you like them to do?

Call an election.

You would have thought after 12 years in power the current shower might be to blame for any remaining inequalities. Next they will be blaming Disraeli.

Unfortunately, we're reaping the sorry rewards of Thatcherism now. It's a mentality that encourages pure greed and selfishness.

How have they failed you, I've done ok out of them and I'd be happy to do as well with whoever is the next Government.

They've failed everyone by being a huge financial burden on the country, removing a whole host of civil liberties and passing some of the worst (and most volumous) legislation the country has ever seen.

They've cheated, lied and fiddled for 12 years and ultimately squandered the boom years income and left us as the only major world economy that is still in recession.

Have they actually achieved anything that is worth while or noteworthy?

Stop being daft Darth,and admit there is just as much greed and selfishness in the poor as anyone else...................it's a human trait across the board!regardless of income, not nice but true. They are called sins in the Bible,but no one is sinful anymore so greed and selfishness are OK. Edited by mossdog

"From next Monday new changes are being introduced that will make some of the poorest families and Pensioners better off."

A pathetic gesture after twelve years in office. Is there an election around the corner?