Would a nice god allow bad things to happen?

Just out of primary school devil6?

You have a very childish view of what 'God' is - you seem to think that 'God' would be a nice man who stopped nasty things from happening.

The problem is that those things are only nasty from your point of view.

You would be much better off reading the work of Richard Dawkins, then coming back with a reasonable arguement, rather than a silly rant about how God wouldn't create nasty things like ants that eat each other.

(I agree that God doesn't exist, but your 'examples' are what I'd expect a 9 year old to dream up).

Edited by zongamin

Sure you do... I mean if you want to discuss the Hardy–Weinberg principle and it's relationship to evolution I am game, hell while we are at it we could an use application of non-linear dynamics for population models.

Or you could just answer me,

Up to you.

If you understood evolution you would know that specis are supposed to evolve through slow changes over time. However no one as observerd one specis slowly change into another, i.e. Ape into human .

Someone stated that look at dogs and the difference in shapes and sizes. Well its still a dog no matter what shape it is....... Someone who knew about evolution would have known what I was on about. still the less informed may learn a bit.

Yes the ancestors of dogs and cats was around yes and

How then do you account for the fact that there are absolutely no human, cat, or dog fossils from within well over 100 million years of diplodocus fossils?

Another nice example of evolution I could point you to is ring species

Look at the picture, the Lesser black backed gull and the Herring Gull are different species, they cannot breed, yet they are connected by a ring, showing how animals can, well, evolve.

Edited by flamingjimmy

How then do you account for the fact that there are absolutely no human, cat, or dog fossils from within well over 100 million years of diplodocus fossils?

Well without giving it much thought, may be their remains did not fossilise. Only a very small amount of dead animals fossilise . How do you account for there not being hundreds of hundreds of missing link fossils showing the slow evolution of one specis changing into another?

Another nice example of evolution I could point you to is ring species

Look at the picture, the Lesser black backed gull and the Herring Gull are different species, they cannot breed, yet they are connected by a ring, showing how animals can, well, evolve.

And the gulls can breed and they are both still gulls, huff.

Donkeys and horse's can breed , so can human and chimpanzee .

Well without giving it much thought, may be their remains did not fossilise. Only a very small amount of dead animals fossilise

I really hope you'll watch this

It's awsome!:)

Do you really think it's just a coincidence that we found all those fossils in that order?

How do you account for there not being hundreds of hundreds of missing link fossils showing the slow evolution of one specis changing into another?

That's what ring species are! Imagine if all the intermediates between the lesser black backed gull and the herring gull were to die out: You'd have two different species!

I really hope you'll watch this

It's awsome!:)

Do you really think it's just a coincidence that we found all those fossils in that order?

That's what ring species are! Imagine if all the intermediates between the lesser black backed gull and the herring gull were to die out: You'd have two different species!

So what are you trying to say? I have never said evolution never happened I have just stated that the evidence is lacking. So THEORY not proven. You have not accounted for the lack of fossil evidence of creatures evolving into different specis .

Back on topic, the past has gone, the future is not here, the thin ribbon of the present is god. Infact the present happens before our brain notices it so we are experiencing the past while the future happens. So if our brains experiences events before we are conscious of it then who is controlling our thoughts we think? Its not our consciousness! So my view of god takes everything into account. god is love, love is energy , energy is the thin ribbon of time we call the present. THis is the only way a universe can be and it took the intelligence of god to work it out. And you are a part of it and eternal life is guaranteed.